Dr. Jeom Paik is a Professor at the Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering of the Pusan National University, Korea. He is a Director of the Ship Structural Mechanics Laboratory. His research interests include risk assessment of ship and offshore structures, ultimate and fatigue strength, ship collision / grounding mechanics, strength design of aluminum alloy fast vessels, and development of probabilistic age related damage (e.g., corrosion and fatigue crack) estimation models. Dr. Paik has been a principal investigator in a variety of national and international joint research projects related to strength of marine structures.
He recently published "Ultimate Limit State Design of Steel Plated Structures", a book that reviews and describes both fundamentals and practical design procedures for the ultimate limit states of steel plated structures.
Dr. Paik's present assignments include:
Education and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Council, RINA, London
- Chairman of the ISSC Specialist Committee on "Collision and Grounding".
- Member of the Publications Committee, The Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA), London.
- Member of the Editorial Board for:
- Journal of Engineering for Maritime Environment, The (British) Society of Mechanical Engineers, London
- Journal of Ship Mechanics, The Chinese Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers International Journal of Maritime Engineering, The Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA), London
- Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea
- International Journal of Maritime Engineering, RINA, London
- Ph.D. - Osaka University, Japan
- M.S. - Osaka University, Japan
- B.Sc. - Pusan National University, Korea
- Member - Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (U.S.A)
- Member - Royal Institution of Naval Architects (U.K.)
- Visiting Professor at the Technical University of Denmark during September 1993 - August 1994
- Visiting Professor at the University of California at Berkeley during December 1994 - January 1995
- Visiting Professor in Department of Aerospace and Ocean Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA, during September 2000 - February 2001
- Visiting scholar at American Bureau of Shipping in Houston, during March 2001 - August 2001
||Dr. Jeom Kee Paik
Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
Pusan National University
Tel: +82 (51)
Fax: +82 (51)