Dr Robert E. Melchers is Professor of Civil Engineering at The University of Newcastle in Australia. His research and consulting interests are reliability and risk particularly for offshore structures, ships and pipelines, and in marine corrosion modelling. He is a Director of Australian Marine and Offshore Group Pty Ltd, a specialised consulting firm based in Melbourne, Australia.
- Structural Reliability Assessment for Ships and Off-shore Structures
- Stochastic Material Deterioration Modeling
- Efficient Computational Methods for Structural Reliability
Qualifications and Achievements:
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, University of Cambridge, England,1972
- M.Eng. Sci., Civil Engineering, Monash University, Melbourne, 1969
- B.E., Civil Engineering, Monash University, Melbourne, 1968
- Author and co-author of many technical publications
||Dr Robert E. Melchers|
Australian Marine and Offshore Group Pty Ltd.
Phone: +61 (0)2 4921 6044
Fax: +61 (0)2 4921 6991