Venue: Hawaii Grand Hotel, Limassol, Cyprus
Digital Ship Cyprus is currently the world's largest maritime IT event - it is the largest of Digital Ship's events, last year attracting 100 shipping company managers and 126 IT suppliers.
1) KPIs / TMSA / monitoring and measuring in ship management
- Selection and implementation of shipmanagent software
- Business continuity after an IT disaster
- Paperless Office onboard the vessels and ashore, regulations and requirements
- How new technologies affect the day to day business onboard our passenger vessels
- Use of key performance indicators in maritime software
- Administration Onboard / Findings of a research done on CSC members vessels
- Using software systems to measure, monitor and improve your TMSA scores
- Arrival notices and the need for standardization
- Regulations and future requirements
2) Satellite Communications
- Connection by Boeing - Latest developments
- How shipowners can get better packages by dealing directly with Eutelsat
- Providing worldwide IT support for the vessels
- Live Video Conference with the M/S Constellation using VSAT Technology
- Live Remote Access to a Hanseatic Vessel using Inmarsat Fleet F77 Technology
3) Voyage data recorder and long range identification and tracking systems session
- Long range tracking and ship navigation systems
- IMO progress towards an LRIT system
- Implementation of LRIT and up to date developments at IMO
- Progress with electronic chart systems
- Rutter Technology - simplified voyage data recorders
- On board weather: safety and economics
4) Round Table Discussions
- Do today's ships need electronic charts?
- Do today's ships need broadband or can they make do with what is available?
- Do today's ships need more sophisticated software and IT systems?
- Are shipping companies using enough maintenance and purchasing software?
- Can IT help to more to achieve efficiencies in ship operations?