As a member of The Marine Talk you are entitled to our 15% discount if you book before the 5th March 2010. Please contact Marisa Magtultol email@example.com if you need additional information or if you wish to register.
ACI’s 3rd Ballast Water Management offers vital insight into the latest developments within the industry, updating on current regulations and the latest effective technologies. This is the opportunity to learn the benefits and disadvantages of the approved ballast water systems and alternative systems in the process of being approved. Understand the retrofitting process and the systems ideal for specific vessel types, and identify the costs and returns on investments ahead of the ratification date of the IMO Ballast Water Management Convention.
Throughout the 2 days you will have the opportunity to hear from your industry peers and discover the latest developments:
- Network with high level industry leaders and peers in the maritime industry Profile your organisation amongst the world’s leading maritime organisations and secure maximum exposure
- Get up to speed with the IMO regulations that are soon to become mandatory
- Learn what the best technologies are for specific vessel types to prepare your organisation for the ballast Water Management Convention
- Understand how effective integration of ballast water systems can be achieved in the most cost-effective and undisruptive manner
- Participate with interactive discussions to share knowledge, best practices and bringing discussions to reality
Invited speakers include:
Dr Richard Everett, Environmental Standards Division, US Coast Guard
Dr Rasmus Folso, Deputy Head of Innovations, AP Moller-Maersk
Yngvil Eriksson Åsheim, Executive Vice President, Hoegh Autoliners
Kazuhiro Kitagawa, General Manager, Universal Shipbuilding Europe Limited
Andrew Hudson, Principal Technical Advisor, UNDP Water Governance
Karin Sigel, Head Of Section Environmental Protection In Maritime Traffic, Federal Maritime & Hydrographic Agency
Jose Matheickal, Chief Technical Adviser, GloBallast Partnerships, IMO
And many more….
Why you cannot miss this event:
Following the successful ACI sustainable shipping series, the 3rd Ballast Water conference will equip shipowners and managers with all the information necessary to deal with the pending legal requirements of ballast water management. Delegates will gain first-hand practical insights and participate in an open debate and review of the existing and emerging systems. You will also hear from the different stakeholders in the ballast water industry on the way forward in meeting the challenges of ballast water management. This innovative and cutting-edge event will prepare you with the necessary insight into ballast water management in order to meet industry requirements and avoid future delays and costs.