Norcontrol IT has announced the introduction of an AIS Network Software eLearning course. The new course is similar in structure to the VTS Operator Workstation eLearning program already provided by Norcontrol IT. The eLearning format is designed for AIS network operators and managers who can be trained in set-up, use, and maintenance on an individual basis. It is expected that this course will greatly enhance conventional training methods resulting in risk reduction and a safer, ultimately more cost effective asset.
The course provides in-depth demonstrations of functionality as well as interactive simulations, in a total of 83 lessons. It is a self-guided course so users can pick and choose which lessons they want to complete and in what order. It covers all major installation and operational issues including:
- Installing the AIS Network Software
- Setting up an AIS Network and associated nodes, ports, routers, and filters
- Adding users, user groups, filters, etc
- Using the data query, data replay, and data holes tools
- Managing and displaying data gathered in the AIS surveillance area
The new AIS Network Software eLearning course was developed by the NCIT Academy, with close co-operation with Norcontrol IT's AIS development centre in Durban, South Africa. A demo of the eLearning course is available on the Norcontrol IT website.