Norway's international ship service provider Unitor has developed new automated water sampling and dosing system for ships. The Unitor Boiler Water Management System offers a number of benefits to vessel operators and ship crews. By reducing maintenance and system downtime as well as enabling unmanned operations, the system offers vessel operators substantial savings in both time and money.
Unitor's new system provides continual and precise control of important boiler water parameters by automatically monitoring of pH level, conductivity, dissolved oxygen and turbidity. The dosing of chemicals is calculated from real time measurements, which are regularly taken to ensure total protection of this vital component in the vessel's operation.
The system analyses water from up to three boilers at one time. The dosing rate is automatically changed when the analysis results differ from the user defined control parameters. With the system in place, any changes in boiler water chemistry are instantly recognised. Thus corrosion rates are minimised, and chemical consumption is maintained at optimum levels.
The Unitor Boiler Water Management System offers ship owners and operators a number of benefits to enhance vessel operations and control maintenance and costs, such as:
- Reduced boiler maintenance
- Reduced corrosion in boiler and condensate systems
- Reliable real time analysis of boiler water chemistry
- Unattended operation
- Guaranteed accurate chemical dosing
- Maintenance of water conductivity to recommended levels
- Automatic storage of data for logging of the treatment plan
- Economical use of chemicals by eliminating overdosing
- No more worries about the vessel's boiler condition