Imenco (Norway) has developed a new generation hydraulic valve actuator with integrated flushing feature as the key element in their Clean Oil System. Continuous cleaning and monitoring of the hydraulic oil improves reliability and helps to reduce maintenance costs. Flushing capability is essential for maintaining and controlling the quality of the fluid. The actuators are designed to enable the hydraulic system to be flushed continuously or periodically as required. The system offers real time oil testing, reporting and logging of results.
The actuator’s unique design allows the oil to circulate through the actuator in both open and closed position, which offers the following main advantages:
- Flushing of the hydraulic lines during normal operation
- Oil can be monitored and filtered
- Increased lifetime of vital components
- Avoids costly cleaning and flushing operations
- More reliable actuator operations
- More cost efficient installation
- Simplified air venting
- No need for separate remote valve position indicator
The actuators are designed to operate ball, butterfly, plug and other valves that require a quarter-turn movement for either open, close or throttling service. The oil circulation function of the actuator allows hydraulic monitoring of the true position of the valve (open or closed). Full throttling control is available by metering the hydraulic flow on the respective return line during operation. The flow monitoring / position control is a standard part of the system.