A summer seminar on the methods and techniques for detecting and analysing technical and mechanical faults and failures. Speakers have been invited from the following organisations: Man Diesel, Det Norske Veritas, Lloyd's Register EMEA, Norton Rose, Ince & Co, Helix ESG, Wartsilla, Rolls-Royce, The Test House Cambridge (TWI), Neale Consulting Engineers, Assent Engineering, James Fisher Defence Limited T/A.
- Risk reduction; failure redress; litigation and resolution
- Manufacturers perspectives
- Investigating failures and assessing liability
- Interacting moving surfaces: Science and technology
- Condition diagnostics and monitoring
INTERACTIVE SESSION: Manufacturers Roundtable Discussion - with invited representatives from major manufacturers including: Man Diesel, ABB, Rolls Royce, Wartsila - CASE STUDY: Condition diagnostic and monitoring methods
- CASE STUDY: Prediction is better than cure
This seminar is an excellent opportunity to gain an understanding of the causes of marine machinery failures, which can be expensive, cause delays and ultimately court disputes. Understanding these causes, how to monitor for changes in condition or impending incidents and the methods of reducing such incidents is a critical skill for marine engineers or managers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Ship managers
- Ship Superintendents
- Mechanical Engineers
- Naval Architects
- Quality Controllers- Engine Manufacturers