French PA2 Carrier Programme
Advertise Here
Trending Topics:
Sunday, June 14, 2015

Ship Equipment
Ship Maintenance
Ship Systems
Worldwide Metric
Freeman Marine
Neptune Group

Home Page
About MarineTalk
Buyer's Guide
World InfoDesk
Discussion Forums
Advisory Board
Advertising Information
Submit Company Listing
Edit Company Listing
Site Map
MarineTalk Site Search:
Featured Companies

FIATA - International Federation of Freight Forwarders Ass.
FIATA, the International Freight Forwarders Association, a non-governmental organization, represents today an industry covering approx. 40'000 forwarding firms, also known as the "Architects of Transport", employing around 8 - 10 million people.

MITAGS - Maritime Institute of Technology & Graduate Studies
The Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduates Studies (MITAGS) is a non-profit continuing education center for professional mariners. The Institute provides training to civilian and military mariners from around the globe.
    USA Maryland

Royal Institution of Naval Architects
The Royal Institution of Naval Architects is an internationally renowned professional institution whose members are involved at all levels in the design, construction, repair and operation of ships, boats and marine structures worldwide.
    United Kingdom

IACS - International Association of Classification Societies Ltd
Dedicated to safe ships and clean seas. IACS makes an unique contribution to maritime safety and regulation by verifying compliance with a set of rules for ships' construction and essential engineering systems.
    United Kingdom

French PA2 Carrier Programme


French PA2 Carrier Programme

French defence procurement agency DGA has formally awarded DCN and Thales a “relay contract” to continue their work on design of the planned ‘PA2’ aircraft carrier. This marks a major milestone in the design of this second carrier for the French Navy. The PA2 design phase was officially launched by French Minister for Defence in January 2005. The studies undertaken since early 2005 have focused on the opportunities for cooperation between the French PA2 and the British CVF programmes. These studies concluded, moreover, that the basic CVF design could, with limited tailoring, meet the French Navy's requirements.

PA2 is a conventional-propulsion aircraft carrier to meet the French Navy's needs. The new contract, worth 20 million euros, will enable the PA2 team to proceed with a detailed preliminary design of a “tailored CVF”. These studies will be undertaken by the integrated DCN/Thales prime contract office. The milestone marking the end of the design phase and the start of the production phase is scheduled for late 2006.

In June 2004, DCN and Thales put forward a proposal to jointly lead the French Navy's PA2 future carrier programme. The partners have since set up an integrated Prime Contract Office. This PCO will report to a jointly owned company with a four-member equal-representation. DCN will have a 65% interest in the company and Thales Naval France the remaining 35%. The company is in the process of being set up. The aim of this company is to manage the conception, manufacturing and entry into operational service of France's second aircraft carrier in 2014.

Thales Group  

You may also like:
Trending Technology, World Shipping & Maritime News

Latest Marine News and Technology Articles | Maritime 2015 Buyer's Guide


E-mail:  Contact Us

Copyright © 1998 - 2015 MarineTalk
Division of Link Internet Business Solutions
All rights reserved.

The reproduction, retrieval, copying or transmission of this Web site content,
in whole or in part, is not permitted without the express permission of
MarineTalk .