Earlier last year, the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers published the technical bulletin Supplement to the Design Guide for Shipboard Airborne Noise Control. This supplement documents updated information to SNAME’s T&R Bulletin 3-37, Design Guide for Shipboard Airborne Noise Control. The basic approach of the original design guide is continued.
The expanded guide contains:
- Corrections and additions to the existing Design Guide
- Updated acoustic criteria
- Current prediction modeling information
- Improved source level estimation algorithms
- Revised acoustic transmission prediction approaches
- Additional noise control treatment information
- Databases for measured source levels, acoustic material properties, and acoustic transfer functions.
The supplement is intended to be used in conjunction with the original SNAME T&R Bulletin 3-37, Design Guide for Shipboard Airborne Noise Control. It is not a stand-alone document. This publication is identified as Technical and Research Bulletin 3-37 Supplement, a 125-page report that is being issued as a CD.