The Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate Studies (MITAGS), located in Linthicum Heights (Maryland, USA), launched its redesigned web site to provide clients on-line course registration, enhanced information on course offerings, on-site and off-site training, and resources for the professional mariner. The new web site also provides a complete course schedule by month, which will allow students to better coordinate their work and training schedules. MITAGS is a non-profit continuing education center for professional mariners. It provides training to civilian and military mariners from around the globe.
The new web site will also serve as a resource to mariners attempting to navigate through the new STCW requirements. Essential information such as the new issues surrounding officer license upgrading requirements can easily be accessed on the web site. Off-site training, which can be done at a client’s own facility and designed around the working schedules of its crews, along with customer testimonials are other features on the new web site.
MITAGS is in business of providing a quality and cost effective training curriculum for Marine professionals. Students come from the all sectors of the industry including deepsea, pilot, inland/coastal, cruise, military, and government. The programs have been designed to meet the rigorous standards set up by:
- The International Organization of Masters, Mates, and Pilots (IOMM&P)
- Maritime Advancement Training Education and Safety Program (M.A.T.E.S.)
- The United States Coast Guard (STCW95)
- The U.S. Navy Non Traditional Training Site (NTTS)
- The American Pilots Association (APA)
- The Military SeaLift Command (MSC)
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV certified maritime training and simulation center)