Venue: Bonhill House, London
This training seminar will:
- Examine charterparties, bills of lading and key shipping documentation
- Discuss liability under the Hague, Hague-Visby and Hamburg Rules
- Analyse issues of delivery of cargo, cargo insurance, unseaworthiness and due diligence
- Address the handling of claims for dangerous cargo, containers and cargo theft and fraud
- Explore the resolution of disputes through arbitration
- Featuring case studies and practical sessions on:
- Limitation of liability
- Contamination and shortage problems
- Establishing and handling a cargo claim
Why you should attend:
Now in its 22nd year this annual 3 day event offers shipping professionals from both the wet and dry industries valuable insights into the intricacies of marine cargo claims.
The expert panel of leading legal and insurance specialists led by Nicholas Woo, Birketts Solicitors, will guide delegates through every aspect of the marine cargo claims handling process. It will show you the tools that are available and how to achieve a good result, both in a reasonable time frame and at a reasonable cost.
Interactive case studies will provide effective illustrations of marine cargo claims handling procedures, and key workshops will present an opportunity to place into context the theory imparted over the course of the three days.
This seminar will be suitable for those new to the marine cargo claims industry, or for those needing a refresher or update to their knowledge. To ensure your participation book your place today.
Who should attend:
P&I Club executives