Venue: Hilton Post Oak Hotel, Houston Texas USA
This conference "Maritime Transportation of Energy - Determining Priorities in a New Financial Climate" builds on a previous Mare Forum energy transportation conferences held in Houston in February 2008.
The Conference will examine through a structured approach, the current state and future need of the shipping industry and provide an assessment of the impact of the energy and financial markets on energy transportation by international shipping.
- Energy Transportation: The View from the Bridge – Senior Stakeholder Views and Expectations
- Matching Supply and Demand - Updated Forecast of Short and Long-term World Energy Requirements in a New Financial Climate
- Investments, Financing the Maritime Transportation of Energy - Where to Invest Your Money today? Shipping Market Analysis in a New Financial Climate
- Ports, Terminals and Waterways – The Outlook for Improvements
- Personnel Afloat and Ashore – Recruiting, Training and Retention
- Regulatory and Technical Issues - International standards for an International Industry
- A Focused Agenda for Policy Makers - Energy Requirements versus Overall System Capacity and Other Limitations - Prioritization of Issues
The unique Mare Forum format that emphasizes debate and discussion will provide attendees with the opportunity to learn about, debate and influence the resolution of such issues with policy makers from industry and government.
The Mare Forum USA will be exceptional in its format, content and through the level and degree of interactivity between the participants. The ultimate goal of the conference is to provide a true forum where all participants are invited to take part in the debate periods after every session in which high profile speakers from the industry have directly addressed the issues.