The Royal Norwegian Naval Academy has recently purchased from Kongsberg Maritime major extensions for its six existing Polaris Ship’s Bridge simulators. The improvements will mainly consist of visual extensions for all bridges with SeaView R5 to 7 channels per bridge, enabling up to 210° horizontal field of view. Additionally, generic panels for bow/stern thrusters, extended communication and a flexible conning display will be installed. For one of the six bridges new Azimuth Thrusters and a real Optical Bearing Device will be added in order to meet requirements of new vessels under construction for the Norwegian Navy.
Polaris simulators offer a large number of different consoles and equipment configurations to model navigational centers of different vessel classes. Polaris simulators exceed the requirements of STCW’95 regulation I/12, Section A-I/12, Table A-II/1, Table AII/2 and Table AII/3 and Section B-I/12.
The following approvals/certifications are available:
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- The Norwegian Maritime Directorate
- Ministry of Transport of Russian Federation
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency (UK)
- United States Coast Guard
- Department of Transportation (USA)
- Defence Combined Material Agency under the following standards: AQAP-110 Edition 2 and AQAP-150 (which includes the requirements of ISO 9001 and ISO 9000-3 Quality Assurance standards).