10 October 2007
Venue: National Hall, Olympia, London, UK
The new IMO PSPC poses real challenges for Shipyards, owners and classification societies and Maritime Administrations. The requirements raise issues such as:
- What does the paint specification defined mean for shipyards?
- What should the contents of the Coating Technical file be?
- What should owners expect to get on delivery of the ship?
- Who should be the certified inspector?
- What will be the role of Class?
- What are the owners’ responsibilities through life of the vessel?
- What will the Maritime Administrations need to do to audit the process
All these challenges are real as there is a shortage of skilled people to meet these needs. The course sets out to make the delegates familiar with the standard and offer solutions to some of these problems and highlight issues that the end-user - whoever they may be are likely to face.
The seminar is practical and uses a non-technical approach to address these problems and so the delegates do not need much of a coatings background. The sessions allow for plenty of time for Q&A and discussion amongst delegates to compare experiences.
Established in 1998, Safinah is a unique consultancy employing naval architects, coatings experts and chemists, which provide it with a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of coatings in the marine and offshore industries.