The essential biennial industry event for shippers, charterers and transporters of refrigerated cargo. To be held in Lndon, the Dorchester.
The 6th International Lloyd’s Shipping Economist Reefer Conference will attempt to provide the answer to this and other key industry questions including:
1. What are the underlying demand trends in the sector for the next five years?
2. Which trades and regions are likely to experience major growth in the coming decade?
3. How will shippers’ and charterers’ demands shape the industry in future years?
4. To what extent will stronger demand and weaker supply be reflected in charter rates?
5. Is it inevitable that conventional reefers will continue to lose marketshare to cellular vessels?
6. How much reefer capability will container lines build in on their next generation of ships?
7. Will strategic alliances between container shipping lines and reefer ship operators make economic sense in certain trades?
8. At what pace will the traditional reefer industry have to move towards integrated logistics systems if it is to protect its marketshare? Can it afford it?
9. What developments in logistics, warehousing and technology can the specialist reefer operator exploit to differentiate or add value to his ‘product’?
Lloyd’s Shipping Economist’s International Reefer Conference is the premier networking event in this sector, drawing together over two hundred of the industry’s leading figures to meet, discuss and map the future of the trade.