This seminar, to be held in Athens, will deal with understanding the economic and business issues associated with vessel registration and flagging
Choice of flag and register has become an increasingly important decision for owners, as the external political pressures on flag states get heavier. There is increasing pressure for flag states to be placed under closer scrutiny, and recent events have added to the debate on what should be done about sub-standard shipping.
This seminar will address the key issues involving Ship Registers and help you gain an expert understanding of:
- What are the current proposals for Greek tonnage tax & other issues facing the Greek flag
- Analysing of flag state performance
- What are the implications of the increase in flags of convenience?
- What is the impact of the OECD campaign against offshore tax havens?
- The shipowner's views of choice of flag
- How is Malta meeting the requirements for EU entry and what impact has this had on the flag administration?
- Implications of ITF policy towards FOCS
- STCW '95 verification, monitoring and certification