The conference will address all aspects of yacht design including; performance, stability, seakeeping, construction and safety, as well as survey, operation and service experience; applying to sailing yachts, both high performance and cruising and to motor yachts, in private or charter service.
The conference is to present and discuss advances in technology; methods and concepts that have led to or are expected to lead to improvements in design, operation or survey; service experience, problems encountered and their solutions and how classification society requirements and flag Administration regulations are meeting industry needs.
RINA invites papers on any of the following subjects:
- Performance, stability, seakeeping, hull motions
- Structural design, hull, keels, rudders
- Materials technology
- Fire safety and structural fire protection
- Windows, portlights, anchors and anchoring
- Masts and rigging
- Classification society rules, flag administration regulations
- Survey, NDT methods for FRP hulls
- Operation in general and helicopter operations
- Service experience
The conference will attract a large international audience and provide a forum and means of professional development for all parties interested in the design, construction, operation and survey of yachts.