Enjoying barbeque party with loved ones or friends while enjoying the open water is absolutely a wonderful bonding moment that everyone would certainly love. These days, grilling is becoming more popular and is deemed as one of the most favorite activities that people like doing. Aside from eating lots of delicious grilled foods, this serves as a very intimate means to catch up with families and close buddies.
That said, if you are a boat owner, it is a must to invest in the best boat grill that would allow you to enjoy your sailing or boating experience in a more delightful way. When it comes to boating, there are a plenty of factors to search at prior to making the final decision with regards to the most suitable marine grill for you.
Some of the considerations include how much grilling you’re planning to do as well as the storage space. Keep in mind that it is imperative that you avoid grilling underneath the fabric coverings or deck awning of your vessel. Of course, this is to impede unfortunate incidents from taking place.
Now, continue reading the rest of this article and find out the most important features that you must look for in a boat grill.
Table of Contents
- Best Boat Grill Reviews of 2021
- 1. Magma Marine Kettle Gas Grill
- 2. Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
- 3. Magma Conniosseur Series Gas Grills
- 4. Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow PT300B Propane Grill
- 5. Camco Olympian 5500 Stainless Steel Portable/RV Grill
- 6. Kuuma Camco Stow N’ Go 125 Gas Grill
- 7. Magma Newport 2 InfraRed Gourmet Series Gas Grill
- 8. Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
- 9. Kuuma Stow and Go Propane Tabletop and Mountable Grill
- 10. Magma Catalina 2 Gourmet Series Gas Gril
- What to Look for When Buying a Boat Grill
- Other Important Factors to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Boat Grill Reviews of 2021
1. Magma Marine Kettle Gas Grill
Installing a grill on a boat is no longer a struggling task for boat owners to handle. These days, almost all grill designed for boats are made to be portable which means you can transport them instantly without any sweat. Just like this marine kettle gas grill, it is quite easy to carry around and setting up is smooth sailing.
This grill is manufactured with a unique handle that enables users to grip the lid without the need to use a glove or worrying about getting burned. In like manner, it comes with an electronic ignition that helps you light the grill whenever you want.
The polished finish of this device is designed to ensure that getting rid of grime and grease is less burdening. So long as you don’t allow food residues to stick to it, this is easy to manage.
2. Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
If you love boat barbecues, then you are probably looking for an excellent quality boat grill that could make your dream barbeque setting a success. This Q1200 grill by Weber is a good option for you to try considering it has lots of amazing features and functions for you to take pleasure in when grilling your most favorite foods.
This device is capable of superbly retaining heat due to its porcelain coated cast iron material. Likewise, it is this porcelain coating that significantly helps avoid sticking reason why the grill is not exhausting to clean up.
Once bought, this already includes built-in thermometer, one stainless steel burner, precision burner control, aluminum lid, electronic ignition as well as an aluminum body. This is famous for its unique design and incredible sturdiness. It is not solely an outstanding grill to cook on but it also looks awesome.
3. Magma Conniosseur Series Gas Grills
For you to be able to auspiciously find the best marine grill for your needs, it is essential to compare some products first. Luckily, this model is worth-considering since it comes with several features and functions for you to absolutely adore.
Such device is especially built with fold-away legs, long enough handle and an ideally balanced lid that locks in place. It is also designed with snap put radiant plate that is quite convenient to utilize and allows well-balanced heat distribution.
What is more, this grill is not intricate to care for and maintain and it is manufactured with mirror-polished stainless steel. The swiveling valve is meant to ensure instant safe gas bottle exchange. The huge surface area of this device could cook or grill for a larger group of people.
4. Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow PT300B Propane Grill
If you are going to go over some marine grill reviews, then you will uncover that this product can be regarded as one of the most preferred choices of many boat owners around the globe. Aside from its affordability and portability, this is loaded with stunning features that you won’t find in other similar products.
The handle of this grill is big enough to make carrying more convenient and a lot more comfortable. Its heating capacity is 10,000 BTU; this is reason why it is surprising to get it at a less expensive cost. The cooking surface of the grill is adequate enough to enable easy transfer between pieces of meat. Also, this includes a stainless steel dip tray once purchased.
5. Camco Olympian 5500 Stainless Steel Portable/RV Grill
For sure, everyone prefers a portable grill for boat as this would help make your grilling experience more convenient, fun-filled and comfortable. This is also easy to transport so you could carry it with you without a hassle.
This device is made with heating capacity of 12,000 BTU. It is not that bulky and is equipped with a fascinating suitcase handle making it more portable to carry around. What makes this grill a prominent option is its capability to make cooking period a lot faster and it helps ward off the stress of waiting for cooking heat to build up.
6. Kuuma Camco Stow N’ Go 125 Gas Grill
If you are searching to invest in a premium quality grill for chaparral boat, then you may take a closer look at this option. This is built with compact size and it is known for being manufactured with superior quality.
Over and above, it is interesting to note that its size is ideal for being stored in an RV or motorhome. And, since it is quite portable, you could transport it without any problem and you could affix it to any rod, pedestal or rail mount.
This device is a lightweight unit and cleaning it up is not complicated to work on. It comes with super sturdy construction and it is an ideal pick for camping and it remains durable even with frequent storing and moving around.
7. Magma Newport 2 InfraRed Gourmet Series Gas Grill
This unit is designed with corrosion-proof double-walled mirror-polished stainless steel built. Its newly remodeled combustion system is meant to help keep the grill lit even under strong winds. It is manufactured with tempered glass viewing window and what makes it capable of distributing even heat is its state-of-the-art anti-flare infrared technology. For a fact, all these make this boat grill one of the top-rated picks in countless of boat grills reviews.
Once purchased, this already comes with a regulator that can be easily modified to ensure maximum cooking temperature. It is crafted with easy push button electronic ignition and its full-length handle offers more comfort and convenience. Without any doubt, this grill is a very versatile pick that is enhanced by a number of mounting options.
8. Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
Are you shopping for portable and superb quality gas grills for boats? If you wish to narrow down your search, then you can give this device a chance to show you how exceptional it really is to work for your needs.
It is good to know that this grill is energy-efficient since it only utilized a little propane yet it could reach by up to a total of 400-degrees F. this clearly conveys that it could execute a great job of sizzling steaks to however you prefer.
9. Kuuma Stow and Go Propane Tabletop and Mountable Grill
This boat grill mount is a wonderful option to try. It is built with 100% stainless steel and it does not call for any intricate assembly procedure. Such device is equipped with easy to remove grease tray to allow easy cleaning. This is intended to be utilized as standard fuel bottles that are disposed or can also be exploited with bigger-sized re-fillable tanks to allow fixed mounting applications.
Interestingly, this is practical to use for large groups of people and it performs more excellently even under strong winds as compared to other similar products out there
10. Magma Catalina 2 Gourmet Series Gas Gril
It is true that the best mountable boat grills sold on the market at present are priced expensively. And, this model is no exemption. However, it is loaded with practical and reliable features that you might be searching for in a good quality boat grill.
Basically, this unit is portable, versatile and is wonderfully built. These factors actually make it a great addition for feeding a large group of people. It is redesigned and now comes with rounded edges to make it look more exquisite. Besides, it is crafted with compelling combustion system that aids in keeping the grill lit even under very strong winds.
What to Look for When Buying a Boat Grill
In order to get the right boat grill for your needs, the following buying guides must be seriously taken into account:
- When buying boat grill, the size of your vessel must be taken into consideration since there is where your grill would be set up. Grills designed for boats are generally small in size, easy to utilize and quite portable. See to it to think about the location where you will place the grill before purchasing one.
In general, boat grills are gauged in square inches. In line with this, the dimensions of each product would be found in the product description. This way, it is a lot easier to figure out if a specific product would fit in the available space or not. You also need to think about the size of the propane tank if your grill is operated by gas.
- What materials the boat grill is made of? Surely, a premium quality boat grill must be built with rust-proof and top quality materials to make it last. Consider the fact that the grill would be used in different location as well as distinct weather conditions.
Opt for the one that it is made with sturdy stainless steel that could shield the grill from grease leaks and discoloration. It would be better if it can also withstand saltwater environments
- Is it portable? Go for the ones that could be used for activities like tailgating, at the beach or camping. There are grills that are designed to be practical for many different applications so you can consider such options. Nevertheless, if you prefer the grill to be permanently set up in your vessel, you can pick portable boat grills to serve that purpose.
Please note that some grills are designed to be foldable, some necessitates suitable mounting while others can be placed anywhere you prefer. There are those that are easy to handle and carry while others are slightly bulky that makes them a little difficult to transport from one location to another. It is up to you when it comes to the portability of the mounting. But, you need to ensure that it is secure and safe when you utilize it on your vessel.
- The kind of mount necessary. If you traverse the water more frequently, then you perhaps prefer your boat grill to be mounted on the push-pit or rail. In this way, it is easier for you to form generous amount of space on the watercraft and make your grill easy to access.
Also, you can pick a grill that could be plugged into the deck sockets or rod holders of the vessel. Note that this would rely on the length and design of your vessel. You may select a grill that does not need mounting. This means that it could be positioned in a small corner or table in a boat.
- The type of fuel it uses. Do you prefer propane or charcoal boat grill? Majority of boat grills are powered by gas, they either utilize propane or compressed natural gas. It is worth noting that many prefer propane powered grills mainly because they are advantageous when you’re on the sea or beach.
These are more expensive as compared to charcoal versions; still and all, they are smooth sailing to set up, are designed with more excellent temperature control features and are capable of delivering more uniform heat even under windy conditions and they are easy to clean and maintain.
- Is it backed up by a warranty? You could tell if the product is worth-purchasing if it comes with warranty. This is a very decisive factor when purchasing costly products because of the cost of replacement. You can be at peace when something goes wrong with the product bought if it is supported by warranty.
Your boat grill should be built to last, so you must expect warranty to it. Otherwise, you would end up troubling with huge replacement expenditure and very pricey repair costs.
Other Important Factors to Consider
What is a boat grill and how does it work?
Boat grills are specifically manufactured to be used for different purposes like camping, tailgating or at the beach. These are also installed in a vessel where users can easily grill their favorite foods in a more convenient and comfortable approach. They are relatively easy to set up, are designed to be portable and majority of them can be easily transported from one location to another.
Such equipment works by allowing users to enjoy traversing the open waters and have fun enjoying good food with companions. It helps grill, warm or cook different types of foods and can make grilling a lot easier in one place. Grilling is no longer a hassle to handle; foods can be cooked instantly while you’re enjoying the open waters.
However, please be guides that it is fundamental to position your grill in a secure and safe area in order to ward off any safety issues. This is the reason why setting it up on a mounting bracket is highly suggested. Boat grills are generally plain sailing to use and installation is not time-consuming.
Bear in mind that setting it up on flat surface needs to be executed with extra caution in order to guarantee that it is capable of dealing with any heat that there may be.
What are the different types of boat grills?
There are three distinct kinds of boat grills for you choose from and these comprise of:
- Charcoal. This is a renowned option for houseboat owners. While it is true that grill food lovers delight in the taste of charcoal-broiled food, a boat charcoal grill is slightly slow when warming up and it could be also hazardous.
In like manner, this type of grill calls for an accelerant. And, charcoal grills come with fans. You can select from various styles readily available that could be dropped directly into a rod holder or a model wherein you could just clamp it onto a handrail.
- Propane. This type of boat grill is practical for those on a budget and is easy to find. It can be purchased in small or large bottles. This is a piece of cake to store making it a very convenient choice to consider.
And, the best of all, it is available in different price range, sizes as well as styles.
- Electric. This type of grill is adept at heating instantly and does not generate open flames or embers. On the other hand, it requires power source for it to work. This means that it is not ideal for camping or small vessels.
Typically, electric grills are found on large-sized yachts that have big kitchens. Such vessels are wired to make room for microwaves, electric stoves and many other electrical devices.
Why do you need a marine grill? (Benefits)
Boat grills are certified must-have for boat owners. They can help make your sailing, fishing or boating activities even more relaxing, memorable and something that you would love to do on vacation or whenever you have spare time. Truth is, installing one in your vessel can provide you with a number or perks that would make you happy and satisfied when enjoying the open waters.
Here are the benefits of owning boat grill:
- Boat grills can help you easily grill, cook and warm foods whenever you’re touring, camping, sailing, fishing or boating. There is no need to worry even if your destination is remote since you can always have food with you whenever you feel like eating.
- Even when you’re on the beach or traversing the waters, you can have gathering in your boat and enjoy barbeque party with your most favorite people.
- Boat grills are easy to use, care for and maintain. So long as you follow the manufacturer’s instructions in caring and maintaining them, these devices are sure to last for many years of satisfying service.
- They are comparatively painless to install. You can refer to the manual instructions to guide you as you go through the setting up process.
- These are portable so you can carry them with you whenever and wherever you like.
- They come in different price range so you can get the one that matches your budget.
- Boat grills come in various sizes, styles and features for you to take a closer look at; so getting the one that could best meet your requirements is not inconceivable.
By and large, it cannot be denied that grills are stellar options for your vessel and, as a matter of fact, there are not so many technical factors to look into prior to purchasing one. For all that, what you need to really ensure is the location where it would be placed and how is it going to be secured. Thankfully, once you are insightful of that, then you can prosperously select whichever one you prefer and affix it to your vessel.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most trusted boat grill brands?
Just like when buying any particular product, one of the decisive factors for you to look into when buying superb quality boat grill is the brand or the manufacturer. As you know, first-class brands only manufacture products that are built with top quality, supreme durability and incredible functionality.
While it is true that they could be a little pricey than other similar options available on the market these days, you can rest assure that quality is not compromised and that every single cent you spend for it is worthwhile and can guarantee superior performance in many years to come.
A few of the most reliable and highly acclaimed brands when it comes to boat grills include the following:
It is worth mentioning that any of these brands can surely satisfy your requirements and can help make your sailing, fishing and boating experience even more gratifying, diverting and something that you will always look forward to. You will witness for yourself that grilling does not need to be messy and hard.
How to install and use?
Here are some of the useful guides when setting up and using your boat grill:
- Since this is an outdoor appliance, it is imperative that your bbq is placed safely away from anything that could cause fire.
- Read the manual by heart. This is very critical in that it would assist you find detailed information regarding the assembly method to safe operation techniques. You can get in touch with the manufacturer if something is unclear on the manual.
- Since boat grills are built to be utilized in well-ventilated and open spots, it is highly recommended to grill above decks in an open location. Do not attempt to grill in an enclosed location or grill down underneath the galley in your vessel.
- It is crucial to ensure that the grill is affixed safely and securely prior to utilizing it. It is fine to utilize grills that could be fastened on the vessel. Camping type or portable ones are not ideal for vessels since these could instantly tip-over or slide around.
- Make certain that proper installation is strictly adhered to. See to it that you are fully aware where the gas supply shut-off valve is located. Take in mind that this must be easy to access in case of emergencies.
- Do not leave the grill unattended. It is indispensable to consider keeping a method of fire control close by the grilling location like fire blanket, fire bucket or fire extinguisher.
- Make it a habit to only utilize proper utensils when grilling. And, in order to impede burns caused by splatters and pops, see to it that you utilize long-handled bbq utensils such as forks and tongs.
- Finally, wear safe clothes that won’t cause any fire when grilling.
What is the warranty?
Needless to say, nothing is more disappointing than receiving a boat grill that tends to malfunction, comes with defective parts or consistently fails to deliver what was promised. Such things are inevitable to happen and if your chosen product is not supported by a warranty, then you would surely end up being in trouble.
To avoid wasting your time, money and effort when shopping for a boat grill, opt for the one that offers warranty. The reason behind this is because warranties greatly help consumers be protected whenever the product purchased broke or malfunctioned.
Also, whatever problems occur regarding the product purchased, you can have your issues resolved either by having defective product’s component replacement, replacement of the defective product, money back guarantee and the like.
Where to buy?
Boat grills are readily available almost everywhere. These are sold in many local stores too. You will be provided with a myriad of options to look for but you need to ensure that these are precisely designed to use for marine applications. Of course, since it’s going to be your barbeque partner when traversing the waters, it must be designed for that purpose.
You can explore various brands with superb features by shopping online such as Amazon. In this online shopping site, you can take a look at various boat grills that were made by world-class manufacturers. They come in different sizes, price range, and features. The best thing about shopping in Amazon is that you will be provided with lots of options to select from and if you’re fortunate enough, you can even avail some special discounts and promos for the product purchased.
How to care and maintain?
Proper care and maintenance for your boat grill can be one of the best ways on how to keep it in good condition all the time and make it last for many years of usage.
Here are some useful tips on how to take proper care and maintenance for your boat grill:
- It is important to thoroughly clean the external section of the boat grill after each use with the aid of a soft fabric, soapy water or sponge. See to it to keep the bbq covered between uses.
- In addition to this, when cleaning the inner portion of the grill, it is indispensable to get rid of the heavy debris from the grill and carefully empty the grease tray between uses. To do this, it is a must to take the grill apart and tidy the bbq at least once yearly. This would hinge on use and must be done often before long-term storage.
- When dealing with grates, the first thing that must be done is to coat the grates with the aid of veggie oil prior to utilizing. This would help inhibit the possibility of the food to stick. Tidy it using a brass wire brush while the grill is still slightly warm.
- Consider using easy off oven and grill cleaner when dealing with burnt-on debris, carefully disassemble and after that rinse the parts thoroughly after cleaning. Wash using soapy water prior you store it for a long period of time.
- As for the ceramic electrode, make certain to keep the electrode, situated next to the burner, free of any residue or grease. Always be extra cautious not to bend the wire or break the ceramic insulation.
- It is not advised to disassemble or adjust the control valve. It is crucial to get rid of any hindering residue from the orifice using a needle or pin.
- Avoid using abrasive or steel wool cleaners when cleaning the barbeque.
In essence, looking for the best boat grill could convey taking pleasure on the water while enjoying your most preferred grilled foods. Traversing the water whenever you’re on vacation or during summer can sometimes be a long journey that would make you feel hungry and crave for some delectable foods that can be enjoyed by everyone.
For this purpose, this article has sorted out some of the most top-rated boat grills that are currently sold on the market nowadays. With their avant-garde designs and uniquely practical features, you could definitely end up with a well-informed final buying decision.
Hopefully this post would assist you to pick the best option for you. There is no need to stress deciding what boat grill can meet your requirements so long as you go through the list of the product reviews tackled in this article and always keep the comprehensive buyer’s guide in mind when shopping for one.
Fundamentally, each product carefully reviewed above can help you precisely know what to expect from each model. Hence, there is no need to be skeptical by the time you go out and shop for the right model for you. Just be sure that you are well- aware of what you are truly searching for.