Boat riding is an exciting activity you can do during the summer season. While boat rides are known to be fun and exhilarating, you will also want to experience the utmost comfort and relaxation while on it. This is why investing in the best boat seats is highly important.
A good boat seat not only provides optimal comfort, but it must also withstand harsh weather conditions and natural damaging factors such as UV, mildew, and salt. When shopping for a boat chair, you must take the time to thoroughly evaluate each product and see which one will last solid years of use.
Whether you are on the hunt for contemporary or Millennium boat seats, you need to keep in mind that not all seats sold on the market are the same. Therefore, narrowing down your top dog can be quite challenging. That’s why we created this article. This guide will break down all the things you ought to know about boat seats.
To start off with this boat seat buying guide, let’s take a look at 15 of the best-rated boat seats the market has to offer . For your reference, we have summarized our thoughts and assessments for each product.
Table of Contents
- Best Boat Seat Reviews
- 1. Wise Economy Low Back Seat
- 2. Tempress NaviStyle High Back Seat
- 3. Moeller Standard Boat Helm Seat
- 4. Wise 8WD588PLS Series Standard High Back Fishing Boat Seat
- 5. Seamander Captain Bucket Seat
- 6. Seamander Marine Low Back Boat Seat
- 7. Wise Pro Casting Deck Seat
- 8. Millennium Marine B100 Boat Seat
- 9. Wise 8WD015-6-710 Standard Pilot Chair
- 10. Leader Accessories Captains Bucket Seat
- 11. Wise 8WD707 Deluxe Lounge Seat
- 12. Seamander S1040 Series Captains Chair Pontoon Boat Seat
- 13. Leader Accessories Low Back Folding Boat Seats
- 14. North Captain T1 Deluxe Boat Seat
- 15. DeckMate Premium 55″ Pontoon Boat Seats
- What to Look for When Buying a Boat Seat
- Other Important Factors to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Boat Seat Reviews
1. Wise Economy Low Back Seat
Wise boat seats are widely known to be highly-economical and of great quality. The Wise Economy Low Back Seat is definitely no exception.
It is the ideal boat seat for those who are on a budget. However, don’t be put off by the fact that this product is one of the cheapest boat seats on our list. This seat offers excellent functionality, durability, and comfort which you can always depend on. Therefore, I highly recommend you check this boat seat out.
What I like most about this boat seat is the fact that it is crafted with premium-grade aluminum hinges, an embossed-vinyl pattern and a plastic injection-molded frame. Thus, this seat is guaranteed sturdy enough to accommodate up to 200 pounds.
Additionally, this boat seat also features a marine-grade vinyl which is UV and mildew-resistant. I also love that this boat seat comes with high-compression foam padding to provide exceptional comfort to users.
For convenient installation, this boat seat comes with mounting fasteners to allow easy mounting for standard pedestal systems.
- Very affordable.
- As it is constructed with premium-grade materials, it is guaranteed durable and comfortable.
- This seat is UV and mildew-resistant.
- Can be easily attached to standard pedestal systems.
- As it is a low-back seat, it is not the most comfortable, especially for boat captains.
- It is not suitable to be used by people over 200 pounds.
Crafted by Tempress, the NaviStyle High Back Seat offers top-notch functionality and comfort. Tempress has been one of the top manufacturers of quality boat seats and marine accessories since 1972. Therefore, this boat seat is guaranteed to be of excellent quality.
I like that this boat seat is crafted with materials that are guaranteed to last. These materials include stainless steel, marine-grade vinyl, and nylon. Additionally, this seat’s frame is injection-molded and is corrosion-proof. It’s no wonder that it is among the top heavy-duty boat seats available nowadays.
What I love most about this boat seat is the fact that it is manufactured to exceed the highest safety standards when it comes to boating. It complies with ABYC H-31 standards, thus, giving you the assurance of using an ultimately safe, marine seat.
Moreover, this boat seat doesn’t come last when it comes to providing comfort. It is crafted with abulky molded foam for resilience. It also features a StylePanels feature which gives lumbar support while allowing lateral movement for active users.
Lastly, I also love that this boat seat offers high durability. Its marine-grade vinyl is UV resistant, mildew-treated, and cold crack-resistant for up to -25 degrees celsius. Thus, this is definitely the perfect fishing boat seat for all seasons.
- It is constructed with high-grade materials.
- This seat offers exceptional comfort.
- The seat is corrosion-proof, mildew-treated, UV and cold crack-resistant.
- Provides lumbar support and allows lateral movement.
- The price for this seat varies and is fairly expensive.
3. Moeller Standard Boat Helm Seat
If you are on the look for a boat seat that’s going to give the utmost comfort, the Moeller Standard Boat Helm Seat is worth checking out. This boat seat offers everything you will want in a boat; comfort, durability, and functionality.
What I like most about this product is its molded armrests. Other boat seats in the market do not allow installation of armrests. This one, on the other hand, is already built-in. Therefore, you no longer have to invest time and money to attach armrests on your boat seat.
The seat is crafted with marine-grade vinyl that is UV resistant. Additionally, it also features a double-walled, seamless, UV-treated seating interior. With all these features, this boat seat is guaranteed comfortable and durable.
- Comes with in-built armrest.
- This boat seat is constructed with marine-grade vinyl which is UV-resistant.
- The seat’s substrate is double-walled, seamless and UV-treated.
- Only comes in white color.
4. Wise 8WD588PLS Series Standard High Back Fishing Boat Seat
When shopping for boat seats, quality, durability, and comfort are among the top factors people look for. The Wise 8WD588PLS Boat Seat not only offers all of those aspects but it also offers exceptional features that make it one of the best fishing boat seats available to date. That is why it is labeled as “America’s favorite boat seat”.
What I like most about this product is its high-back and injection-molded seat framework which promotes optimum comfort. Similarly, this high back boat seat
also features a foam padding with high compression. Thiskeeps it firm and intact all day. The foam padding is also plastic sealed to repel moisture; as a result, the seat is very easy to clean.
I also love that this seat is made with marine-grade vinyl material with UV and mildew inhibitors; thus, prolonging the seat’s optimum quality and durability. Additionally, this seat also includes four mounting screws which allow you to attach the seat to a seat swivel or to a pedestal system.
- This boat seat is guaranteed durable and comfortable.
- It is crafted with high-grade materials.
- This seat repels moisture, mildew, and UV.
- Very easy to clean.
- Can easily be attached to a seat swivel or a pedestal system.
- The weight limit is only around 200 pounds.
5. Seamander Captain Bucket Seat
When talking about the most reputable boat seat manufacturers, Seamander is one of the names that first come to mind. The Seamander Captain Bucket Seat is the perfect captain seat for various reasons. If the other boat seats did not meet your expectations, this one will definitely surprise you with all the exceptional merits it has to offer.
I like that this product is crafted with marine-grade vinyl that is soft-touch and also UV and mildew resistant. Thus, the quality and durability of this captain boat seat are highly guaranteed.
What I love most about this product is its plastic spinning molded-frame which offers high-density, thus allowing lateral movements. This boat seat also comes with a high-compression, OEM foam padding for optimal comfort. Additionally, the bolster can also be flipped up to allow leaning positions.
Lastly, I also like that this boat seat is easy to clean. Similarly, this boat seat is also recommended to be cleaned immediately if any spots of stain or grime are noticed to retain optimum quality.
- It is crafted with premium-grade materials which promote exceptional durability.
- The seat is UV and mildew resistant.
- Comes with a plastic spinning molded-frame to allow lateral movements.
- The bolster can be flipped up to allow a leaning position.
- Very easy to clean.
- This boat seat is pretty expensive.
6. Seamander Marine Low Back Boat Seat
If you are on the market for a good-quality but affordable boat seat, the Seamander Marine Low Back Boat Seat is one I highly recommend you check out. Seamander is a well-known name when it comes to producing top-quality and most comfortable boat seats on the market.
I love that this seat is guaranteed to be durable and crafted from premium-grade materials. It is constructed with high-impact, marine-grade frame, and anodized-aluminum pivots. Thus, you get the assurance of having a boat seat that is highly reliable for long term use.
I also like that this seat comes with a high-compression padding and a marine-grade vinyl which repels moisture. Therefore, this boat seat is definitely perfect for all seasons.
- Very affordable.
- Made of premium-grade materials.
- Durable and dependable for long-term use.
- The marine-grade vinyl can repel moisture.
- Doesn’t come with UV and mildew inhibitors.
7. Wise Pro Casting Deck Seat
Onto a boat seat that is slightly different to the ones previously mentioned in this list, the Wise Pro Casting Deck Seat is the perfect boat seat to invest in if you want one that’s going to aesthetically please your boat’s deck.
Aside from being fairly affordable, I love that this product offers first-rate craftsmanship with premium-quality materials. This seat features a high-impact plastic injection-molded frame paired with a high-compression foam stuffing which retains firmness for lifelong use. Additionally, this seat also comes with an embossed marine-grade vinyl surface which is mildew and UV-treated.
Finally, I love that this deck seat is easy to install on standard pedestal systems.
- It is very affordable.
- This seat comes in various color options.
- It is crafted with good-quality materials that are durable.
- The foam padding remains firm and intact even after long standing use.
- The marine-grade vinyl is UV-resistant.
- It is quick and easy to install on standard pedestal systems.
- It doesn’t have back support.
8. Millennium Marine B100 Boat Seat
Looking for a new boat seat that offers great versatility and comfort? You need to check out the Millennium Marine B100 Boat Seat now. This boat seat prides itself for being one of the most comfortable boat chairs on the market.
This boat seat is one of Millenium Marine’s patented ComfortMax seats which deliver optimum comfort and relaxation to users. Aside from that, this boat seat also offers guaranteed durability for years of use. This seat can resist natural damaging factors such as UV, mildew, and mold.
What I like most about this boat seat are its built-in anglers which allow leaning and casting. Additionally, this boat seat is also foldable to allow more space or for easy storage. As a result, you get more room for moving around your boat vessel without your boat seat getting in the way.
As for weight capacity, this boat chair can actually be a good option for the big guys as it can accommodate up to 400 pounds. The frame is constructed with premium aluminum to provide years of solid service. Lastly, this boat seat is very easy to install on standard pedestal systems.
- This chair offers optimum comfort and durability.
- It can resist natural damaging factors.
- Easily foldable to provide more space.
- Can accommodate up to 400 pounds.
- Easy to install.
- Doesn’t come with boat seat mounting hardware.
9. Wise 8WD015-6-710 Standard Pilot Chair
The Wise 8WD015-6-710 Standard Pilot Chair is the ultimate boat captain’s chair at a reasonable price. This boat seat offers exceptional comfort and dependability through solid years of usage.
I love that this Roto-molded seat features a set of snap-on cushions which provides a cozy feel to all users. Additionally, its adjustable pedestal and seat slide allows you to modify your chair according to your preference. I also like that this pilot seat comes with an Easy Grasp Lock handles to accommodate the pilot’s driving position.
Furthermore, this seat features a marine-grade vinyl which is packed with mildew and UV inhibitors. The seat also comes with a substrate of high-compression foam stuffing which is guaranteed to retain firmness even after years of use.
- It provides favorable comfort to users.
- Crafted with high-quality materials which are durable enough for longterm use.
- The marine-grade vinyl can resist UV and mildew.
- The foam stuffing retains firmness even after solid years of use.
- The seat only comes in white color.
10. Leader Accessories Captains Bucket Seat
Developed and manufactured by Leader Accessories, this captain’s seat offers a luxurious design which makes it a great focal point to every boat. With this boat seat’s unique craftsmanship, you will definitely enjoy an ultra-comfortable boat ride every time.
What I like most about this captain seat is its ergonomic design which provides optimum support to users. It also features a premium marine-grade vinyl which restrains natural damaging factors. Similarly, this seat also comes with a high-density foam stuffing which remains firm and intact for long standing service.
I also love that this chair comes with a high-impact spinning molded seat frame which allows lateral movements. Lastly, this boat seat is also easy to install on any standard mounting bolt systems.
- The seats ergonomic design provides maximum support.
- The vinyl exterior resists natural damaging factors.
- The foam padding is firm and intact.
- Its spinning molded seat frame allows users to make lateral movements.
- Easy to install.
- The weight limit is only up to 250 pounds.
11. Wise 8WD707 Deluxe Lounge Seat
If you’ve been wanting to replace your worn out boat seats but you’re having a hard time finding the perfect boat seating options, the Wise 8WD707 Deluxe lounge Seat is one you need to check out.
What I like about this boat seat is its style. It is a back-to-back boat seat making it perfect for lounging. It truly brings out a classic, sophisticated look for all types of boats. Additionally, I also love that this boat seat comes in various color selections.
In terms of craftsmanship, this seat features an injection-molded plastic seat frame which is guaranteed sturdy and dependable. This seat also includes a high-compression foam padding and a marine-grade vinyl as the cover.
Lastly, these seats are foldable for easy storage or to give more space. Since the seats can be lifted, you can use the underneath compartment as storage. This boat seat is truly versatile.
- The seats are foldable.
- Comes with an underneath compartment which can be used as a storage.
- Crafted with high-quality, durable materials.
- Great color options.
- Reasonable price.
- The maximum weight limit for each seat is only 250 pounds.
12. Seamander S1040 Series Captains Chair Pontoon Boat Seat
When talking about ultimate comfort and luxurious feel, the Seamander Captains Chair Pontoon Boat seat is one I highly recommend. From the construction down to the design, everything about this captain boat seat is truly remarkable.
I like that this pontoon boat seat features marine-grade vinyl that is soft-touch and is also packed with mildew and UV inhibitors. Similarly, this seat’s plush foam stuffing promotes an overall luxurious feel while giving you maximum comfort. Furthermore, not only this product provides you with exceptional comfort, but it also has a long shelf life.
What I like most about this boat seat is its high-density, plastic spinning molded frame which allows users to make lateral movements throughout boat rides. As it includes a premium-grade, high-compression foam padding, it promotes durability while providing optimum comfort at the same time.
Finally, I love that this boat seat is easy and convenient to mount to a pedestal or swivel system as the whole kit comes with mounting screws when you buy it.
- This boat seat offers a luxurious look and feel.
- It is crafted with premium-grade materials which promotes comfort and durability.
- Its marine-grade vinyl cover is packed with UV and mildew inhibitors.
- The high-density plastic spinning molded-frame allows lateral movements.
- Easy and convenient to mount on a pedestal and swivel system since it comes with mounting screws.
- The color selection is very limited. All of the seats have an overall white color. Only the lining’s color varies.
13. Leader Accessories Low Back Folding Boat Seats
When it comes to economy boat seats, the Leader Accessories Low Back Folding boat seat pair is one of the top products that we highly recommend. Not only does this product gives you two seats in one, but it also offers functionalities and features that will surely give a bang for your buck.
What I like most about this product is its body-fitting design which is meant to fit your body’s contour to provide comfort. This boat chairs are crafted with a marine-grade vinyl which is also UV-treated. Additionally, this boat seat pair also features anodized-aluminum pivots. Thesepromote high durability and dependability.
Lastly, I love that this boat seat pair comes with various color options you can choose from. Thus, you get to pick the best color that suits your style and preference.
- As it is a pair of boat seats, it is more economical and a great investment.
- Its body-fitting design promotes optimum comfort to users.
- This boat seat pair comes with a marine-grade vinyl which is UV-treated.
- The anodized-aluminum pivots of this seat ensure durability.
- Since these are low-back boat seats, it is not as comfy for taller people.
14. North Captain T1 Deluxe Boat Seat
It can be difficult to find a good-quality captain’s boat chair that comes as a pair that is not as expensive. The North Captain T1 Deluxe Low Back Folding Boat Seat offers all of the things you would want in a captain seat without the steep price tag. Among all the boat seat pair in the market, I think this is among the top products worth purchasing for a number of reasons.
What I like most about this boat seat pair is the craftsmanship. It is constructed with a high-compression foam stuffing which retains firmness for long-term use. Additionally, this seat also features a marine-grade vinyl which is UV-treated, making it perfect for all weather and seasons.
These boat seats’ low-back design makes it perfect for fishing. I also love that the aluminum hinges can be flipped down to create more space or for easy storage. Similarly, these seats also feature an injection-molded plastic frame which is made from UV-resilient polypropylene.
Lastly, I love that these boat seats are easy to mount on any standard 4-bolt pedestal or swivel system since it comes with 4 mounting screws.
- Since it is a pair of boat seats, it is more cost-efficient.
- It is fairly affordable compared with other captain seats.
- The marine-grade vinyl material in these seats is UV-treated.
- The foam stuffing remains firm even in long-term use.
- It is very easy to install.
- It is a low-back seat, thus, it may not be the most comfortable for some people.
15. DeckMate Premium 55″ Pontoon Boat Seats
The DeckMate Premium Pontoon Boat Seats is the perfect boat couch to get for your family and friends. This boat seat offers a luxurious feel to every boat due to its plush and pillowed style.
What I like most about this boat seat is the fact that it is crafted to withstand long term use and sustain natural damaging factors such as UV and mildew. I also love that the cushions are crafted with the combination of dense and soft foam to provide maximum comfort and support to users.
This boat seat includes no wood but high-impact plastic cushion frames which are guaranteed sturdy and reliable. This seat also comes with drain channels which allow the water to escape the deck. Finally, I do like that the enclosed plastic bases can be used as storage.
- It is the perfect boat couch for family and friends.
- It is durable and can resist UV and mildew.
- There is no wood.
- Comes with drain channels.
- The plastic bases can be used as storage.
- The color selection all includes a majority of white color.
What to Look for When Buying a Boat Seat
- The Materials
The boat seat’s material is a determining factor as to whether the seat is comfortable and durable. Given that the marine environment can become harsh from time to time, choosing a boat seat that is guaranteed to withstand extreme climate conditions is highly important.
Generally, the hinges and frame of boat seats are made from aluminum, steel or high-impact plastic. These materials are favorably light and durable. The seats, on the other hand, can be made from various materials. However, a vast majority are crafted out of vinyl since it is weatherproof and water-resistant.
- Durability and Dependability
Since boat seats are going to be exposed in a harsh marine environment, you need to choose one that guarantees to withstand natural damaging factors.
Majority of boat seats, including the ones mentioned earlier, have the ability to resist mildew, UV, mold, and saltwater. These types of seats are a great choice since they are built to for last years of solid use.
People have different boat seat preferences; what’s comfortable for others may not be comfortable for you. Thus, you must take the time to evaluate whether a certain boat seat is going to give you utmost comfort or the opposite.
If you want optimum back support, a high back boat seat might be the best pick for you. Similarly, if you like a boat that allows you to make lateral movements, you can choose a swivel boat chair.
- The Installation
Basically, most boat seats are quite easy and convenient to install. However, certain seat types take additional time and effort for various reasons. If you are someone who hates arduous installations, it is better to choose a boat seat that is fairly straightforward to mount or you can also hire someone to do the work for you.
When buying a boat seat, it is essential to check for the accurate match on the connection sizes with your existing mountings or pedestal. Doing this ensures you only pick a suitable boat seat and avoid wasting money.
- The Type of Seat
There are various boat seat design and styles available on the market to date. Some include the fold-down plastic seats, swing back, swivel chairs, and ones specifically designed for the boat captain.
Pick the one that best suits your preference and what you think is going to be the most comfortable.
Making sure you get the accurate boat dimensions is important to get the right installation. This is especially crucial if you are going to have your boat seat installed in the tight areas of your boat. Take into account the depth and height of the seat as well as the width.
- Weight Capacity
Taking your boat seat’s weight limit into account is crucial in making sure it won’t break down. Most boat chairs have a weight capacity of up to 250 pounds. However, if the chair is to be used regularly by a big person, opting for the one which has a higher weight limit is better to avoid wearing out the frames and squishing the foam padding too much.
Other Important Factors to Consider
What is a boat seat?
A boat seat is basically just like any other chair but is specifically built to adhere to the harsh marine environment. The boat seat’s frame is made from heavy-duty materials including aluminum, stainless steel, or high-impact plastic. These types of construction materials are known for being sturdy and lightweight.
All boat seats require proper installation and also needs connection and mounting hardware. Most boat seats are pretty easy to install since the majority of them fits the standard pedestal or swivel systems.
How does it work?
Just like most chairs, boat seats are basically used for sitting. Some boat seats can be swiveled while others are static.
What are the different types of boat seats?
There are fold-down types of seats which have an underneath compartment that can be used as storage. On the other hand, there are also swing-back and swivel chairs which allow users to make lateral movements.
Lastly, there are also boat seats that are specifically made for the boat pilot or captain. These type of seats have a more sophisticated design in order to provide utmost comfort to the driver. Certain captain seats are more expensive than standard boat seats.
Why do you need a boat seat? (Benefits)
- A good boat seat can resist natural damaging factors.
Top-quality boat seats, including the ones we reviewed are built to withstand harsh marine environments. These boat seats are constructed with heavy-duty materials that can resist natural damaging factors such as UV, mildew, salt, and mold.
Furthermore, when your boat seat has the ability to resist environmental damage, you get to enjoy the benefits of a durable boat chair that will last long standing service.
- It can provide favorable comfort and relaxation throughout the day.
While being on your boat, you willalso want to experience ultimate relaxation and coziness. Hence,investing in a good boat seat is essential for many boat owners.
Good-quality boat seats are crafted with premium materials that provide comfort to users. Boat seats are stuffed with foam padding that is highly comfortable but also firm at the same time.
- A good boat seat provides great support.
Certain boat seats are designed to fit the natural contours of the user’s body in order to provide good back support. If you are someone who often struggles with back pain when sitting during boat rides, investing in a good boat seat might be the best solution for it.
Moreover, having a good back support helps in maintaining good posture. Boaters often overlook the importance of having this type of support when traveling. As much as you want to savor the moment of a pleasurable boat ride, you also must not neglect your body. That is why investing in a boat seat that provides exceptional support is vital.
- They are made to last.
Due to the fact that the marine environment can be harsh at times, boat seats are specially constructed to repel the damaging factors that are commonplace over waters. As a result, these seats are dependable for lifelong use.
- A well-crafted boat seat can spruce up your boat.
As there are numerous boat seating options in terms of style, design, color, and materials, you will definitely find one that will best complement your boat’s vibe and aesthetic features.
Aside from being a tool for comfort, boat seats can also be a good focal point. Thus, in case you think your boat needs a bit of sprucing up, installing a boat seat might make a huge difference in the overall look.
- Certain boat seats are multi-purpose.
Some folding boat seats have an underneath compartment which can be used as storage. These types of seats are very convenient because they help you save up on space.
Other boat seats can also be flipped down to serve as a boat bed; perfect for sunbathing or for having a power nap. These types of boat seats are perfect for family trips.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most trusted boat seat brands?
Based on our research, here are the top 3 best-rated boat seat brands on Amazon:
- Leader Accessories
How to recover/ restore boat seats?
When dealing with damaged vinyl boat seats, follow these steps:
- Remove the seat from the boat.
- Mix detergent into warm water in a bucket. Wash the seat thoroughly by using a sponge. Afterward, rinse well until there’s no visible soap residue.
- Cover the parts of the seat that should not be painted such as metal or plastic frames and hinges with a painter’s tape.
- Paint the vinyl parts of the seats with vinyl paint.
- Once the paint is completely dry, spray the surface areas with a protective coat to help prolong the vinyl paint.
Can you paint vinyl boat seats?
Yes, you can use vinyl paints and protective coats on your vinyl boat seats.
How to install and use?
All boat seats have a specific method for installation. Generally, boat seat mounting depends on the style, seat type, and application. Refer to the manufacturer’s installation instructions and take note of the needed mounting tools and hardware.
What is the warranty?
Boat seat warranties vary widely depending on the manufacturer. Check the boat seat’s manufacturer’s warranty policy first before deciding to buy.
Where to buy?
You can purchase boat seats online on Amazon, AliExpress, and eBay.
How much do boat seats cost?
Depending on the type, materials, and brand, boat seats can range from $30 to over $200.
Are boat seats waterproof?
Boat seats with vinyl covering are known to be water and weatherproof. Vinyl seats can also repel UV, mildew, and mold. Hence why many boat owners prefer boat seats with this material.
How to prolong a boat seat’s life?
One of the best ways to help prolong the life of a boat seat is to clean it regularly. Any form of stain or mold can take a toll on your seats overall quality. Similarly, you can also repaint your seat’s vinyl coverings. Doing this helps restore the appearance of your boat seat and retain the firmness of the vinyl.
As there are tons of boat seats from different brands being sold in the market, picking the right product can be a time-consuming ordeal for you. However, if you take the list of factors mentioned in this article into consideration, it can help you narrow down the best boat seats to invest in. The key is to know what you need and carefully each evaluate products to know the best boat seats for the money.
I am Dave, Marine Talk’s content creator. Boating experiences matter when planning a boat trip for your family or going by yourself. Therefore, I am here to tackle all things relevant to boating so even the inexperienced ones can start their boating safely.