It could be really cumbersome getting on and off a watercraft if the vessel keeps moving away. And, it would be more impractical and exhausting to swim to the vessel as this could just waste a lot of time. Thus, if you especially necessitate something to remain solidly hooked to the seaboard while you mount into or out of it, then you’ve got to invest in the best boat winch strap.
The reason why it matters to get a reliable, functional and incredibly durable winch strap for vessel trailer is that if you often work on the dock and require to get on and off a watercraft, then this is a must-have for you if you do not wish to end up having a troublesome experience when putting your vessel onto a trailer.
If you do not have much knowledge about the practical and valuable features that an appropriate winch strap must possess, then you have come to the right place. This article would tackle some winch strap options for you to look into and you will also find the shopping guides as very helpful aid for your needs.
By simply having a closer look at the product reviews shared on this post; it would be a lot easier for you to come up with well-contemplated final shopping decision.
- The Best Boat Winch Strap Reviews of 2021
- 1. Shoreline Marine Winch Strap with Hook
- 2. Fulton WS20HD0600 Trailer Winch Strap with Hook
- 3. Botepon Marine Boat Trailer Winch Strap with Hook Replacement
- 4. Goldenrod Dutton-Lainson 6249 20-ft Winch Strap with Hook
- 5. Rod Saver Heavy Duty Replacement Winch Strap
- 6. Big-autoparts 2 Inch by 20 Feet Trailer Winch Strap with Hook
- 7. SGT KNOTS Heavy Duty Marine Trailer Straps
- 8. Custom Install Parts Black Trailer Winch Replacement Strap
- 9. Custom Install Parts Yellow Trailer Winch Replacement Strap
- 10. Dutton-Lainson Company 6250 Winch Strap
- What to Look for When Buying a Boat Winch Strap
- Other Important Factors to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Best Boat Winch Strap Reviews of 2021
1. Shoreline Marine Winch Strap with Hook
Are you looking for a winch strap with hook that’s reliable to use yet it won’t force you to spend much? Then, this product can be the right pick for your requirements. Unlike other similar options, this is not that complicated to utilize and it works just as expected.
The strap comes with a sewed loop on the inside end and this is especially intended to be linked to the winch bottom of the drum. It is equipped with solidly plated hook and the utility hook already comes pre-fastened with spring loaded safety flap.
Please be guided that it is essential to ensure that the strap remains flat or it would appear like a mess. This is a very smart option to consider since it could precisely fit almost all common trailer winches. It is not easy to modify too, so even beginners can find it as user-friendly.
2. Fulton WS20HD0600 Trailer Winch Strap with Hook
This boat trailer winch strap and hook is really a very budget-friendly option that makes it the perfect pick for anyone who is short on budget. It is good to know that you won’t be forced to spend lavishly on a good quality strap for your winch and yet it could satisfy your expectations.
Basically, this strap is certainly heavier but it could give you more peace of mind on the slope. Moreover, the winch reel is nearly full with thicker strap; nevertheless, you won’t have issues winding it all in.
If you are going to observe it closely, you’ll see that the hook is bigger and it is slightly more complex to latch on to the bow eye; even so, this would not bring about any troubles loading the vessel.
3. Botepon Marine Boat Trailer Winch Strap with Hook Replacement
You can buy with confidence since this product is supported by a 2-year warranty offer from the period of its purchase. This is highly known for its powerful tension and works as an ideal replacement for a winch strap. It can be utilized for electric winch and hand winch.
More than that, this is a must-have for various types of vessels. It does a wonderful job when it comes to placing the watercraft on the trailer without much difficulty. The strap hook is built with premium quality materials that make it tough to use and comes with more protection against sea water, harsh weather conditions, corrosion, UV and rust.
4. Goldenrod Dutton-Lainson 6249 20-ft Winch Strap with Hook
If you are fishing for winch straps for boat trailers that were designed to what they were purposely made for, then this product won’t leave you feeling regretful. It is available at a pocket-friendly cost yet it could meet your requirements.
This is highly recommended for people who are searching more marine-related options. It works perfectly for objects where additional length is specifically needed. When it comes to holding strength as well as strong breaking point, this product is unmatched. It showcases several amazing features yet its price is quite affordable.
What is more, its incredible breaking strength makes it superb at pulling large-sized vessels and can be the practical option for people working in the Navy. This is actually what sets it apart from other competitors.
5. Rod Saver Heavy Duty Replacement Winch Strap
If you are in dire need of a boat trailer winch strap replacement, this product won’t fail your expectations. It is made with well-done stitching and capable of fitting well. It is not complicated to install and is highly acclaimed for being a perfect replacement for an age-old strap on a vessel trailer.
In like manner, this comes with a loop end that you glide between the bolt and the winch spool, and on its inner portion, you put a pin to lock the strap between the spool housing and bolt. The material used for the strap is identical with the ones they utilize for bulky ratchet straps that are meant to transport tons of forage on trailers.
6. Big-autoparts 2 Inch by 20 Feet Trailer Winch Strap with Hook
If you want to spend for a boat trailer winch strap that is meticulously built to serve its purpose, then you can give this product a go. It fits well, strong enough to handle its job and it helps in making it more plain sailing for its users to accomplish their task. Without any doubt, this is an ideal partner that could handle rough environments.
This strap for trailer winch is specifically built with super tough metal and polyester materials. And, it comes with coated finish in order to guarantee maximum shield against harsh weather conditions and rust. This is a superb replacement to buy considering it is purposely constructed for heavy duty applications.
7. SGT KNOTS Heavy Duty Marine Trailer Straps
If you prefer a vessel trailer strap for watercrafts that come in various sizes and shapes, this item is a good catch. As a matter of fact, it is a beneficial replacement for age-old and frayed winch straps with damaged and rusting hooks.
In the same way, it is designed with zinc plated snap hook wherein each cargo strap is designed with strong shield against potentially hazardous elements such as rust. This is one of the top-rated picks if you are looking for extreme durability as it can perform exceptionally in rugged conditions.
The vessel winch rope is available in a regular width measuring 12 feet long and 2 inches wide. This can function with nearly all winch setups making it a very advantageous option that can serve multiple purposes.
8. Custom Install Parts Black Trailer Winch Replacement Strap
This boat trailer strap is the real deal if you want to get a good quality replacement winch strap that is furnished with a safety hook. While it looks thinner than expected, it is capable of holding up quite well even under pressure and it works like a charm.
The hook is solid and is zinc plated and it reliable to offer more safety. Furthermore, this item is loaded with working capacity of 2,000 pounds and its breaking strength is as strong as 5,000 pounds. It comes in an impressive black colored strap that is stitched doubly on its edges. It is designed to be light to medium duty strap that measures 20 feet in length and 2 inches in width.
9. Custom Install Parts Yellow Trailer Winch Replacement Strap
Are you in the hunt for a boat winch mount that could meet your requirements? This yellow vessel trailer winch strap is a nice choice that won’t leave you feeling disappointed. It is furnished with a solid and safety hook and comes with a work load capacity of a total of ten thousand pounds. This is definitely a good replacement that you could bank on.
Over and above, this strap measures a total of 20 feet in length and comes with 2 inches width. The hook is zinc plated and equipped with a safety snap that could handle a total of 25,000 pounds capacity.
This item is a good pick for those who are still novices since it does not come with intricate installation procedures making it quite effortless to use even if you are not yet much experienced on that task.
10. Dutton-Lainson Company 6250 Winch Strap
Are you in need of investing in a sterling quality 2 winch strap? Then, you can try this product out. It is priced affordably and can provide a satisfying performance that won’t fail your expectations.
This product is straightforward to install and already includes locknut and mounting bolt once purchased. It is a practical alternative for winches designed for 2,600 pounds and comes with a measurement of 25-feet long and 2-inches wide. The safety hook can function quite well since it is durably sewn in.
Surely, what makes it a wise investment is that you can be at peace knowing that what you picked comes with durable construction and superb quality that could accomplish the job in no time without much trouble. And, for those amazing features, you don’t even need to spend extravagantly.
What to Look for When Buying a Boat Winch Strap
The replacement winch strap for a vessel trailer that you’re purchasing needs to be appropriate for your vessel in terms of capacity.
When looking for the right winch strap for you, following factors must be highly mulled over:
- Is it durable enough to make loading and unloading the vessel a less exhausting task to deal with?
- Is it manufactured with super sturdy metal materials that can shield it from extreme sunlight exposure, sea water environment, corrosion, rust and other potentially dangerous elements present in the environment?
- Is it easy to set up? Are the installation procedures straightforward to adhere to?
- Is it safe and reliable to use?
- Is it made with incredibly durable nylon or polyester material that could help reel the vessel with much ease and convenience?
Not to mention, it is crucial to get a high quality straps to tie the winch and secure it. Always keep in mind that when buying a strap, opt for the one that is resistant to sea water and is sturdy enough to withstand harsh environmental conditions.
To help extend the lifespan of your winch strap, make sure to unroll and let it dry once it gets drenched in order to ward off rotting or the emergence of mold.
Other Important Factors to Consider
What is a boat winch strap and how does it work?
Winch straps are specifically designed to serve as very indispensable pieces of hardware that are intended to help hold down loads. Tie down straps are the ones responsible to keep the load secure and in place. These are commonly manufactured with incredible sturdiness and strength, capable of holding down and controlling loads on flatbeds. In general, they are made to be resistant to rugged weather conditions, corrosion, rust and other dangerous environmental elements.
Winch straps work by serving as the ones that handle high tension. In order for boat owners to keep the vessel on, it is critical for them to tie it and secure it. Please note that straps are precisely utilized for lighter watercrafts and they are commonly found on manual winches. These are characterized as softer on hands than cables which tend to cause some hand injuries while in use.
What are the different types of boat winch straps?
When it comes to the different kinds of winch straps for you to select from, there are a few things you need to ponder on and these include the following:
Various types of winch straps are no trouble to set up and they are generally designed to have the capability to impede tangling on the winch drum.
These are crafted with superior strength and feature powerful working and load capacity that you could completely lean on.
Some of them are designed with UV-proof features and can also repel saltwater, rugged weather conditions, rust, corrosion and other damaging elements present in the environment.
Some types of winch strap are built with webbing and are furnished with solid, unique and forged steel-made snap hook.
Other types are built with lengthier throat that are meant to enable effortless attachment to the bow eyes on watercrafts.
There are options that are rated for winches that come with two thousand pounds. Please be guided that when picking a winch strap, always inspect if they are SAE, BIA or NMMA standards. The reason for this is because this implies that they call for the least possible breakings strength of winch strap that is a minimum of 1.5 times the specified straight-line pull of the winch.
Here are the different styles that you pick from:
- Straps that are designed with webbing come with two-inch broad polyester and are known to be the most excellent web strap materials sold today. Polyester is not prone to stretching and is capable of providing more outstanding resistance to UV degradation from the sun.
- On the other hand, there are those that come with end styles type of straps. These are labeled as sewn-loop-end; tail end and those that come with cut-end styles.
- Lastly, there are straps that come with hooks. These are generally very solid, manufactured with forged and zinc plated steel snap-hook. They are designed with lengthier throat that allows smooth sailing attachment and are equipped with spring-loaded closure to enable safer and more secure attachment.
Why do you need a boat winch strap? (Benefits)
Using reliable, extra durable and strong winch straps can offer boat owners with lots of perks to delight in and these consist of the following:
- Winch straps are designed to guarantee more safety and greater security when transporting a vessel. These commonly feature solid plated hook to enable more dependable attachment.
- These are designed to be easy to adjust in order to precisely fit according to your requirements.
- They come in distinct shapes and sizes and working load capacity. Hence, no matter what type of vessel trailer winch you have, it won’t be complicated to get the right winch strap for your needs.
- Winch straps are made of heavy duty materials so that they could work just the way they were designed for. In general, they are made of polyester or nylon materials that are seen as the same material used for car seat belts.
- Such straps are gentle to hands unlike the cable options. And, they are ideal selection for smaller vessels.
- They can withstand rugged and harsh weather conditions, rust, corrosion and other hazardous elements surrounding the environment where they boat trailer winch is located and stored.
- These products are meant to significantly help secure watercrafts with the kind of sturdiness and strength you are searching for.
- Winch straps these days are constructed with highly strong resin-coated polyester that can stand the test of time.
- Nearly all types of winch straps are no sweat to install and use. Indeed, they are dependable when it comes to keeping the vessel in place with their solid and secure locking snap-hook.
- Generally speaking, winch straps are not that expensive. It is true that some renowned brands are a little overpriced but they are still cost-effective considering they are loaded with special and avant-garde features that help make loading and unloading your boat a less executing task to handle.
For a fact, you would agree that these are actually economical investments to consider because high-end options feature nearly all the qualities you can ever search for in a premium quality winch straps and these are built to last for many more years to come. Evidently, you can even save more money as there is no need to buy a new replacement every now and then.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most trusted boat winch strap brands?
If you want to ensure that you invest in the right winch strap product and brand for your boat trailer, then make it a habit to only rely on manufacturers that have been tried and tested to be producers of top quality products.
While it is true that there are plenty of brands to choose from these days, these are not all reliable and not that credible in terms of guaranteeing superior durability, functionality and performance. Hence, do a research first on brands that have already proven their excellence in their field to ensure that you are on the right track.
Here are a few of the most dependable and trustworthy winch strap brands for you to check out:
- SGT Knots
- Goldenrod Dutton-Lainson
- Shoreline Marine
In essence, the next time you invest in superb quality winch strap for your vessel trailer, see to it that you pick a product manufactured by any of these brands. In so doing, you can be assured that you are investing in the right product that could offer you with a plenty of benefits to enjoy in the long run. While, nearly of the products produced by these brands are priced a little higher than the rest, the quality is not compromised and the bottom line is that you are still a sure winner in the end.
What size winch strap for boat do I need?
In order to determine the necessary winch strap for your vessel, it is fundamental that you ensure the strap you get comes with a strength rating at or more than that of the winch. Apart from this, also see to it that both the winch and strap are rated for the weight of the watercraft.
In line with this, make certain that the winch is manufactured for a webbing-type strap than merely a cable or a rope. Take into consideration that winches made for use with webbing straps come with a drum diameter of less than 1 and ¾ inches and a width of 2-inches or broader.
Basically, winches that are designed with webbing straps come with a bolt or holes for one and these are especially intended to go through the both sides of the spool next to the drum.
How to install and use?
When setting up and utilizing your winch strap, you may consider the following methods:
- All you need to do when removing the age-old strap is to carefully unroll it all the way and make sure that your fingers are not caught. Always follow safety procedures to avoid injuries.
- Start the winch strap in the initial hole within the winch drum. Afterwards, out and into the next hole. Take note that the strap should be threaded into a minimum of a couple of holes or by up to four holes can be considered as the best.
- In the event that there are no holes present in the side of the drum, then it would be necessary to drill at least 2 and ½ holes to fasten the strap.
- Wind the new strap. To do this, start by wrapping the new strap onto the winch drum and you may utilize the crank for this. Make it a point that the strap winds cleanly, it must remain flat and does not wrinkle.
- Make sure to finish by mildly lubricating the winch. You may spray a bit of lubricant on the mechanical component of the winch to make it less stressful and tough to handle.
What is the warranty?
Being a smart consumer entails being meticulous when it comes to choosing the kind of product you invest in. Not to mention, nobody wants to end up buying the wrong product that won’t work in a manner that could satisfy their requirements to whatever purpose they’ll use it for.
For this reason, it is best to choose and purchase a specific product that offers warranty. You might already know how valuable it is to be provided with customer protection whenever you buy something and this is specifically necessary when shopping online.
Essentially, a warranty can give you the peace of mind that you are not making a risky shopping. In case you experience some issues with regards to the winch strap item you bought, you can rest assure that your concern will be urgently addressed provided that it is supported by a warranty.
So, do not only focus on the unique features and the current selling cost of the winch strap product you buy but also check if this is backed up by a warranty. This way, you can ask for a product replacement or refund or have your problems solved in no time.
Where to buy?
If you would like to take a look of various boat trailer winch strap options, then you can begin your search by visiting marine or boating supply local stores in your region. See to it to go to well-stocked stores in order for you to have the chance to inspect some options that could perfectly meet your requirements.
However, if you would like to be guaranteed with countless of first-class replacement winch strap options, then you can come across a lot of top quality choices through online shopping sites. A few of the most trusted online shopping sites that you can select from include Amazon, Walmart and Westmarine.
These are just a few of the online shopping sites where you can be provided with the best possible products manufactured by highly recognized brands around the globe. And, you can also get the chance to enjoy some special promos and discounts for specific product you purchase from them.
How to care and maintain?
Here are some guides on how to take better care and regular maintenance for your winch strap:
- Take into account that winch straps are solely utilized to launch and restore vessels to and from trailers. So, it is not advised to have below 4 full wraps of the strap around the winch drum when sending off or restoring the watercraft.
- Do not utilize a winch strap for other applications other than those for which they were manufactured for. Otherwise, this could lead to some issues that may bring about injuries and product damage.
- Prior to each use, see to it to inspect the strap for appropriate retention in the winch and for any indications of coming apart. Make it a point that there are no sharp edges that get in contact with the strap.
- Check if the hook is in correct working order and carefully examine if the strap is not untangled. Then, be sure to change the strap if you see any faulty or some problems.
- It is paramount to secure the front of the vessel to the trailer with a tie-down strap or safety chain, along with the winch strap. It is not highly recommended to rely on merely the winch strap to seize the bow of the vessel on the trailer.
- Then, see to it to tie up the vessel’s stern to the trailer with the aid of a transom or gunwale straps. Make it a habit to inspect the tightness of the retention straps while you are touring a few miles on the waters.
- It is helpful to keep the winch strap dry and neat at the period of storage. This is to prevent rotting and the development of mold.
On the other hand, consider doing some cleaning and you can start by removing the bolt and then begin tidying the winch cage and check for any indications of rusting or corrosion. In case the galvanized coating shows signs of deterioration or damages, the best thing to fix this is by spraying some cold galvanizing. Then, you may execute the same method for the center bolt.
All in all, you have delved into this article that there are a number of valuable buying considerations for you to ensure first when getting the most suitable and the best boat winch strap for your vessel trailer. And, if you conduct a comprehensive research about the tried and tested brands, then you won’t go wrong with your investment.
The good news is that when it comes to the most functional, durable and dependable winch strap, there are several trustworthy manufacturers that you can lean on. All you need to do is to list the must-have features that you’re searching for in a winch strap and then check out if the product reviews discussed in this article cover them.
Additionally, it is practical to learn more about the buying factors that you need to bear in mind when buying the suitable winch strap for your applications. You may refer to trusted online shopping sites to explore more on the top-rated options that you can ponder on.
But, be reminded that you’ve got to shop on credible online shopping sites like Amazon only if you want to be guaranteed with second to none products that could offer you the most satisfaction.