Unquestionably, LED lighting has been one of the most preferred options that many consumers pick nowadays. Indeed, there are many reasons behind this and one of them is the fact that these lighting instruments are capable of illuminating everything from grocery stores, residences, warehouses and various types of land and marine vehicles.
Basically, for those who are into off-road adventures and boating activities, the best marine LED spreader lights are seen as very environment-friendly and practical for a number of different applications. These are recognized for their safety, efficiency and cost-effectiveness that make them worthy to consider. Investing in a good one can definitely make your adventures always something to look forward to.
Surely, there are lots of marine LED spreader lights options to select from at present. And, many a time, deciding which one is best for you can be challenging. Hence, if you are uncertain which LED light brands are the most outstanding choice for your boating requirements and preference, you can check out the ten product reviews below.
Essentially, you can also contemplate on the buying guides detailed in this post. In so doing, there is a greater likelihood of finding the most suitable marine LED spreader light that you have long been searching for.
Table of Contents
- Best Marine LED Spreader Light Reviews
- 1. Cutequeen 3600 Lumens Cree LED Spot Light
- 2. Lumitec Caprera2 LED Spreader and Deck Flood Lights
- 3. Jiawill Dual Color Marine LED Spreader Flood Deck Light
- 4. ITC LED Docking/Spreader Flood Light
- 5. TURBRO 2 Pack 40W OSRAM Combo LED Work Light
- 6. Taco Metals 6-Watt LED Spreader Lights
- 7. Shoreline Marine LED Spreader Lights
- 8. KAWELL Slim 2 Pack 18Watt Led Work Light
- 9. LEANINGTECH White Spreader LED Deck Marine Lights
- 10. AMBOTHER LED Light Bar
- What to Look For When Buying a Marine LED Spreader Light
- Other Important Factors to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Marine LED Spreader Light Reviews
1. Cutequeen 3600 Lumens Cree LED Spot Light
With these spotlights, users can acquire a total of 3,600 lumens with a lifespan of a total of 50,000 hours. It is noteworthy that the manufacturer put these products into a severe burn-in testing process first prior to the release of the product in the market. So, that simply implies that these are great investments to spend in because they are meticulously made to provide the best possible features and performance.
In like manner, you can observe the sturdiness of these light tools by having a closer look at their solidly built casing and the mounting brackets that are manufactured using only superior quality stainless steel materials. And, even if you use this for bow fishing, there is no need to worry because it is also made of durable glass material that can withstand rugged use.
Without any shadow of doubt, this is a must-have for it can serve a number of advantageous purposes such as outdoor light, household light, yacht and ship light, mine and industrial light, and car off-road vehicle light. As you can see, it does not focus on only a few applications.
- Made using sturdy die-cast aluminum casing, stainless steel material and durable glass
- Excellent mounting hardware that offers multiple options
- Has a working lifespan of a total of 50000 hours
- Backed up by 2-year warranty offer and 1 month unconditional return service
- Can provide amazing value for the price
- Comes with frail brackets
- Huge gap between the housing and the lens
Most importantly, these are applicable in countless of uses. As a result, in terms of cost-effectiveness, energy-efficiency and durability, these are the most outstanding lights for the price!
2. Lumitec Caprera2 LED Spreader and Deck Flood Lights
This lighting device is user-friendly even for beginners since it can be easily installed. It comes with a plenty of color outputs that come with easy-to-adjust brightness. Moreover, this is constructed with white powdery coat die-cast aluminum casing that is especially intended to combat extreme saltwater environment.
Its longevity is a total of 22000 hours; it is designed to be IP67 compliant and can ensure water-resistant performance. What many consumers like about this lighting device is its impressive two-color technology that makes it capable of supplying excellent white output even under dark areas. It can offer a broader and more radiant area for ultimate effect as well.
It is also interesting to note that selected colors are enhanced for a more lucid viewing and most especially to minimize the potentiality of eye fatigue. This is proudly designed, examined and assembled in the USA.
If you are presently searching for transom lights, then Lumitec spreader lights are ideal options for you to splurge in. This lighting device does not solely work as superior quality marine LED transom light but it is also capable of offering different other components such as dock lighting, hull perimeter as well as deck lighting.
- Designed with two-color type of technology that offers stunning white output
- Lumitec lights are constructed, examined and assembled in the USA
- Comes with a lifespan of a total of 22000 hours
- Built with heavy duty aluminum casing that can toughly handle marine environment
- Can ensure water-resistant performance and is IP67 compliant
- A little pricey as compared to other similar products
- Can hurt your eyes if viewed directly
Basically, if it is your first time and you’re still new in off-road adventures and other marine applications, then this makes a great option to consider as it is a certified user-friendly lighting device that is no trouble to set up. The color adjustment does not necessitate special switch, and it is compact and absolutely bright.
3. Jiawill Dual Color Marine LED Spreader Flood Deck Light
Do you think and feel that shopping for the best LED spreader lights for boats is a tedious task to embark in? Well, the case may be like that particularly if you aren’t that well-acquainted with the must-have features of the product you should invest in. Luckily, you can get a better option for you by checking out Jiawill Dual Color LED light product.
As compared to other available choices on the market today, the switch, wiring and connections of this brand are certified “thumbs up”. Its dual color works amazingly and these are not just intended for aesthetic appeal but these are quite beneficial too.
A couple of the lapses that you need to know about this product are its possibility to cause radio frequency interference. If you will carefully observe, once these are installed nearby your stereo, once you switch them on while the stereo is on, the function of the stereo is disrupted. So, this is to be considered when you have a stereo in your boat or vehicle.
- Blue and white feature operates superbly
- Comes with straightforward installation procedure
- Well-constructed and durable
- Best value for the money
- Does not consume generous amount of energy
- Has the tendency to bring about radio frequency interference
- Mounts are intricate
To boot, this can last for many years of rugged use and you can clearly see this on its well-made overall construction. It can provide the much needed light for your vehicle and boat, and surprisingly, it won’t use more energy. Thus, this is less expenditure for you. The delighting news is that this is budget-friendly too, so it won’t completely empty your pocket.
4. ITC LED Docking/Spreader Flood Light
These are great lights even though the installation process can be a little tricky at times. It is delighting to know that these are many times more radiant as compared to traditional halogen lights. Besides, even if they can supply ample amount of light, they do not necessarily consume more power for them to work outstandingly. As a result, you can take pleasure in a lighter load on your electrical system.
By the same token, you do not have to be anxious about water penetration issues since these LED lights are sealed to the max and can guarantee watertight performance. It cannot be denied that these are the ideal options for anyone who has limited space to use. The materials these LED lights are made of are top quality stainless steel, glass and aluminum.
If you are going to use them to replace old lights, these are also highly recommended. However, see to it that you follow the setting up instructions accordingly. Please be guided that they require surface bracket mount installation.
- Highly recommended for limited space usage
- Aids lessen energy consumption
- Can promise thoroughly sealed and watertight performance
- Durable built and design
- Employs surface bracket mount setup
- Installation may be a little challenging
- A little costly
5. TURBRO 2 Pack 40W OSRAM Combo LED Work Light
You can finally end your search about high quality sailboat spreader lights because this product can be the best choice for your current needs and style. It comes with slim line profile, it is not that overpriced and with the required hardware attachment, setting it up is made easy.
In addition to this, each light comes with a total of 8 high intensity white LEDs that are ideal for several uses. And, the slim profile of these light devices makes them straightforward to set up in areas where square profile LED pods will find it hard to fit. As for the selling price tag, this is ideal for those with limited budget as it is cost-effective if compared with other similar products where this lighting level is advantageous.
And, what makes it a prominent pick is that it is not limited to a few uses. This is applicable to a number of indoor and outdoor uses like for boats, SUVs, tractor, Jeep, heavy equipment, marine deck lighting, ATV, military, pickup, 4WD, UTV, mining, trucks and many more.
- Highly recognized for being high performance work light
- Detailed aluminum casing that assists in dissipating heat more efficiently
- Equipped with 40-Watt high intensity OSRAM LED chips and very luminous LED Lights
- Broadly applies for different indoor and outdoor uses
- Comes with a working lifespan of a total of 30000 hours
- Working lifespan is unreliable
- Attaching the mounting brackets to the light may take a while
This is the best value for the money mainly because it can ensure premium performance work light. This comes with IP67 rating that means it is resistant to water and not only that this is also resistant to corrosion, rust and other sorts of dirt. Once you invested in this product, there is nothing for you to lose because you will be backed up by a 2-year warranty for any forms of device malfunction or defects.
6. Taco Metals 6-Watt LED Spreader Lights
If you want to purchase a lighting tool that does not use up more power, then this is it. The spreader light mounting brackets are a child’s play to install and the device itself does not really require being replaced more often.
In other respects, this fixture operates quite well specifically for marine fishing. For the price, this is a great purchase that you should not have second thoughts of getting. If you will look closely, you can see that the design is more exceptional as compared to the white sheltered lights since there is no light discoloration but only sheer white light for you to enjoy.
Although this product is filled with many amazing features, there are two minor deficiencies to look into.
- Can deliver water-resistant performance
- Contains a total of 6 high-powered 1-Watt LEDs
- Equipped with a total of 675 lumens which are equivalent to a 50-Watt halogen bulb
- Super bright and lightweight
- Comes with 150-degrees of light spread
- Comes with big vent openings surrounding the rear section of the fixture
- Cannot fully guarantee waterproof performance as expected
No matter how harsh the weather condition is and how dark the current location where you are is, the lighting capacity of this fixture is definitely reliable. Without doubt, this will be the perfect preference for those who go for more light, less power consumption, and a long lifespan. Of course, it isn’t the perfect type of product so you should be careful of the flaws that come with it. Anyhow, its negative features do not change the fact that it is a must-have for a huge vehicle, boat, ship or yacht owners to consider.
7. Shoreline Marine LED Spreader Lights
When you purchase this lighting tool, it already contains two packs and three super radiant LED per unit. Take note that this is wired for 12 volt and already contains hardware that is made of top-quality stainless steel materials.
Assuredly, these fixtures are first-rate products and can also be utilized to replace age-old incandescent bulbs. While these can be smaller as compared to the older versions, these are brighter and can provide longer-lasting performance. The selling price is not much considering the many wonderful features and functions that they could offer. The installation will go well and you only need to ensure that they are attached correctly to prevent them from malfunctioning.
You can mount this lighting tool on the rear section of a UTV, and the battery on the UTV won’t get drained provided the lights are not left on for a longer period of time. You can witness for yourself that the fixtures are almost as radiant as the UTV’s headlights.
Take into consideration that all LED lights are expected to be polarity sensitive which simply implies that if you do not attach them correctly, then it will be impossible for them to provide the best possible lighting performance.
- Furnished with high intensity docking lights
- Built with tenacious aluminum casing that shields lights against damaging elements
- Contains premium quality stainless steel hardware
- Equipped with brackets that can be mounted effortlessly
- Proudly meets the standards of IP67 requirements
- A little disparity in the color of the light generated in each separate light is expected
- May malfunction if not attached properly
Not to mention, the mounting brackets are easy to adjust and make the setup process a not so laborious task to handle. The sturdy housing is meant to safeguard the fixture against harsh elements. Affordable, super bright, unique design and durable, are there anything else for you to ask for?
8. KAWELL Slim 2 Pack 18Watt Led Work Light
If you prefer a LED light device that is a breeze to set up, then this makes an exceptional option that can satisfy your requirements. And, since it is constructed with very sturdy housing, this ensures more durability and strength. This is superb in terms of guaranteeing excellent heat dissipation. With its solid construction, it can be used for a longer period of time and, for a fact, its lifespan can extend by up to beyond a total of 50000 hours.
In substance, this is a very economical choice that’s worth considering because it is ideal for reverse light, auxiliary lamp, backup light, garden, and parking light. Over and above, this will also a perfect fit for various vehicles such as golf carts, Jeeps, off-road, trailers, 4x4s, motorcycles, trains, tractors, forklifts, and ATVs, buggies, boats, trucks, and pickups, etc. Don’t these appealing features make this brand one of the best LED spreader lights?
- Can be set up in a snap
- Equipped with PMMA lens surface that comes with superior light transmission capacity and deep reflector cup
- Supported by a one-year warranty and 60-day full refund service offers
- Heat goes down for more rapid cooling effect
- Can be employed for many different uses and applications
- Suspicious water-resistant rating
- Capable of throwing generous amount of light specifically when mounted high
What’s more, this isn’t a waste of money after all. It is supported by a 1-year warranty and 60-days full refund service. The installation method is straightforward and can ensure dust, anti-corrosive, quake and water resistant performance. Its solid construction allows it to repel even the roughest situations.
9. LEANINGTECH White Spreader LED Deck Marine Lights
There is no need for you to encounter a tough time shopping for topnotch boat spreader lights. This lighting device by LEANINGTECH is highly recommended for anyone who is into sailboats, fishing boats and house boats. Not only that, this can also be utilized and mounted on any kind of huge vehicles and trucks.
If you pick this brand, you can be guaranteed that the LED light is stunningly radiant and vivid with a comprehensive beam and broad angle view spot. Hence, it makes it a lot easier for you to vividly see what is taking place on your right or left. This is equipped with reliable and premium quality 18W LED light and has an extended dotage of a total of 30,000 hours.
As proof of its longevity, this can offer anti-corrosive, dust, quake, and water-resistant performance. It is also meticulously built with very heavy duty aluminum alloy cooling system that provides exceptional heat dissipation.
- Equipped with top quality and very luminous 18W LED light
- Built with durable aluminum casing that could fight off harsh scenarios
- Manufactured with ultra-radiant 1360 Lumen light that illuminates everything for a more lucid view
- Constructed with easy-to-adjust mounting bracket to ensure painless installation procedure
- More radiant as compared to 55W standard halogen headlight
- Bolts are very susceptible to rusting after a few months of use
- Not as sturdy as advertised
And, setting it up is no sweat because it comes with mounting bracket that you could instantly adjust to properly install the device. This comes with extended lifespan too so obviously it is a certified economical choice for you not to let go. Its solid aluminum casing enables it to withstand even the toughest weather conditions.
10. AMBOTHER LED Light Bar
This product is constructed with gilt-edge SMD LED module; 170-degree flood light situated at the center and is enclosed by dual row 15-degree spot light that produces intense lighting distance and a broader view spot. You can position this either on the roof or bumper of your car and it can already serve as your backup light, driving and fog lights.
This can also ensure shatter-resistant lenses performance. And, since it is solidly built with superior quality die-cast housing, it can offer more durability that you can use for many years to come. It also features anti-corrosive and rust-resistant features. This is also capable of keeping dirt and moist away. As you can see, this is a very reliable off-road lighting tool that worth a try.
Furthermore, the super slim diversion fin that is positioned on the rear of the light bar helps in making the heat radiate more rapidly. This is also the one responsible for prolonging the lifespan of the device for more than a total of 50000 hours.
- Can serve as backup light, fog light and driving light
- Capable of radiating heat a lot faster than other similar products
- Built with die-cast housing, anti-corrosive and rust-resistant
- Enables drivers to have clearer left and right view
- Equipped with avant-garde SMD LED module
- Not completely water-resistant
- Does not include wiring harness
What to Look For When Buying a Marine LED Spreader Light
Before you make the final purchase decision for your marine LED spreader lights, it is advantageous to take the following factors into account first:
Angle of illumination. This serves a vital role and is highly detected by the lens. For instance, you wish to sufficiently light up a walkway or a cockpit, then a fairly broad beam of a minimum of 50 degrees is a must. This helps reduce dark shadows which could affect lucid visibility.
However, for a spot light or chart light, a more slender beam of roughly 20 degrees could better concentrate on a certain direction or object, whether it is close by or remote.
Marine-grade LED lights. These generally feature casings that are resistant to corrosion in marine environment. Others are specifically built for garden and outdoor applications. Those designed for boats are tightly sealed to ward off any sort of water penetration.
Does your chosen brand come with anti-corrosive feature and is it resistant to quake, dust and water? It is highly advised to go for the highest water-resistant ratings of IP 6K9K and IP67.
The LED must fit the same bracket or cutout of the old incandescent that you are replacing. This will help you save more money, energy and time in fixing and extending holes or making an adapter for the latest LED light.
Take note that this is especially necessary when retrofitting a sailboat or yacht with submerged LEDs. As you know, it could be costly to fix a hole underneath the waterline.
Does your chosen marine LED spreader light come with coast guard compliance? As always, it is best to choose the ones that accordingly comply with the guidelines and regulations set by the coast guard, yacht or boat council in your location.
Budget. This is about the amount of money that you can spend for a good quality LED light. There are many options for you to check out so there is no need to worry because you can find a product that meets your budget.
Other Important Factors to Consider
What is a LED spreader light?
LED spreader lights are utilized to light up the deck of a boat or yacht in order to make docking and other sorts of jobs a lot easier and risk-free during night time. These are commonly mounted to T-tops; radar arches as well as wakeboard towers so that they could supply additional illumination on deck.
And, instead of getting a flashlight which could be inconvenient at times, you can just lightly touch the switch and from there the fixture can already light up the deck while you execute other necessary tasks.
These are typically compact in size, can deliver long-standing service and performance and are effortless to set up. The best of all, they do not necessitate bulb replacement. Moreover, depending on the brand, you can get them for a reasonable price tag.
How does it work?
Marine LED spreader lights consolidate a distinctive patent pending feature of low and high operation that alters the pattern of light with just a light touch of a switch. In line with this, they draw less power and commonly generate less heat as compared to halogen floods. They work in a manner that they help conserve more battery power and improve safety for users.
What are the different types of marine LED spreader lights?
You can come across different forms of LED spreader lights and many of them come in unique features and functions, shapes and sizes. And while many of them may seem similar with each other in some aspects, still it is worth mentioning that each of them has their own uniqueness over the others.
The various types of marine LED spreader lights that you can find on the market nowadays include:
- Halogen Spreader / Deck Light
- Octane LED Tower / Spreader Light
- LED Mini Light Bar
- LED Spreader / Deck Light
- Vertical Rail Mount
- Marine LED flood lights and spreader lights
- Horizontal Rail Mount
- Fixed and adjustable LED spreader lights for boats
Why do you need a boat LED spreader light? (Benefits)
LED spreader lights are useful, practical and beneficial. In point of fact, by owning one for your vehicle or vessel, the following perks can be best enjoyed:
- They consume less energy making them very cost-effective alternative.
- These are known for their versatility and are appropriate for many kinds of applications such as indoor and outdoor uses, for vehicles, boats, yachts and other types of vessels.
- They are easy to install.
- These are capable to provide ample amount of illumination that you exactly need for whatever purpose. Thus, they help prevent accidents since you are provided with clearer view.
- They are safe and convenient to use particularly at night time.
- These are generally built with durable and solid housing that makes them capable of ensuring better heat dissipation. They are also known to last for many years of usage.
- And, since they have longer lifespan, they do not require buying new bulbs. So, if you use them, they may be initially pricey at first, but if you do the math, you’ll discover that these are actually very economical.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most trusted spreader light brands?
If you are wondering what are the most reputable brands to select from when shopping for marine LED spreader lights for your boat, then you can check out the following:
Are these spreader lights weatherproof (windy, rain…)?
Yes. Most marine LED spreader lights are designed and constructed with saltwater conditions in mind. Hence, they are resistant to various elements that may damage them such as dust, water, quake and corrosion. These are tightly sealed too in order to keep out spray as well as rain.
How to install and use?
Here are the steps on how to set up and start using marine LED spreader lights:
- Hold the light to the bar and make sure to inspect the height distance.
- Afterward, disconnect the batteries. Prior to cutting, it is a must to dry run the wiring. It is highly suggested to leave at least 12-inch on each edge. For this, you are only allowed to utilize marine wire so to minimize saltwater switches and corrosion.
- Utilize the bracket and with the aid of a metal drill bit, put the hole as you prefer. This can be done either vertically or horizontally. Secure tightly. Then, it is high time to run the wiring to the power source and switch on and link the edges to the LED light wiring. To properly seal out any sort of moist, you may utilize heat shrink connectors. You can find these in marine stores or online.
- When the wiring is all accomplished, carefully link the battery and test the switch. The light must burn if the polarity is appropriate. You can enjoy superb illumination from there. But, avoid looking directly at these fixtures as they could irritate or impair your eyes.
What is the warranty?
Different manufacturers, brands and firms do not offer the same form of warranties. That said, it matters to check out the kind of warranty the product or brand you are eyeing to purchase can offer. You can refer to the product information and description if you want to know the kind of warranty they provide.
Bear in mind that credible and legit brands and manufacturers always back up their products with good warranties. So, if the product is not supported by any form of warranty, then it is best to further your search so you can search for better offers.
Where to buy?
Marine LED spreader lights are not that difficult to find. But, keep in mind that it is essential to transact only from highly reputable deals so that you can guarantee that you can request for refunds, returns or product component replacements when necessary.
You can start shopping in local stores near you. However, if you prefer to do online shopping, there are a number of trusted online shopping sites that you can count on like Amazon. Shopping online commonly offers the best deals and you will be always be provided with countless of brands and other options to check out. Make sure that the online shopping site of your choice is legit though.
How to care and maintain?
To extend the service and performance of marine LED spreader lights, it is a must to properly look after them and maintain them on a regular basis.
Here are some guides for you to adhere to:
- Carefully go over the manual prior using the fixture. Read about the warnings so that you can avoid any unfortunate incidents from taking place. It is not advised to disassemble the light randomly without proper guidelines. This could ravage the circuit and have negative influence on the device’s working lifespan.
- Clean the fixture on a regular mode. Clear away the debris and filth inside and outside the device to ward off shortages. Routinely clean the units of the lighting as this could aid prolong the LED’s working lifespan.
- Conduct inspections. See to it to execute periodic inspections on your marine LED spreader lights. These commonly need to be utilized on a regular basis for inspecting whether they are properly functioning or not. This is a good way to detect early some minor issues before they get worse.
- Turn aside high humidity and temperature. Too wet or too hot conditions can reduce the working time of LED lights as this will affect the electronic parts inside. So, make sure to consider the storing and working temperature for this fixture.
To sum up, the best marine LED spreader lights for marine and boat applications are increasingly becoming more well-known because of their extended lifespan, low amp draw, superb brightness and light. In the same way, their sturdy built and design, low power usage, longevity and compact scopes make them a favorite option for any condition where energy and space is inadequate.
In essence, LED lights depict an outstanding choice for upgrading electrical efficiency in boat and marine applications. These devices are undeniably a great help in reducing the burden of overpriced electrical system upgrade and increased electrical demand and consumption.
As clearly discussed, these devices are loaded with practical features and functions, the ten products reviewed as well as the shopping guides above can help you choose the best option that can perfectly match your needs and style. Having adequate amount of information can surely help you make the shopping task a less burdening one.
I am Dave, Marine Talk’s content creator. Boating experiences matter when planning a boat trip for your family or going by yourself. Therefore, I am here to tackle all things relevant to boating so even the inexperienced ones can start their boating safely.